In the Air, Around the Sunlight

"Wow, this is heavenly"

As Xavier gently slowed his momentum midair, their bodies gently swaying in the breeze, Seraphine and Xavier gazed down at the breathtaking landscape unfurling beneath them.

The vibrant hues of spring leaves painted the forest in a symphony of golds, reds, and oranges, while the meandering stream shimmered like a silver ribbon in the distance. The sound of water streaming downward and the chirping of birds mixed together created a beautiful music to the ears.

"I could stay here all day admiring the view" engrossed with the view, she was smiling from one ear to another.

Xavier smiled down at her, "really? You would like to stay here all day? Should I let go and go back to my business while you continue admiring the view, miss Patrick?"

Laughing when her eyes widened, "don't you dare" she tightened her grip on his shoulder  "better be safe than be sorry" she said aloud.

The crisp air filled their lungs with the scent of pine and earth, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still as Seraphine drank in the tranquil beauty surrounding them. Hand in hand, they savored the suspended moment, grateful for the rare opportunity to witness nature's grandeur from such a unique vantage point.

"I used to come here when I want to clear my head" Xavier tucked in some strands of hair back into her scarf.

"No doubt your worries will be cleared in no time after seeing this spectacular image"

They descended on the bank of the stream, Seraphine wiggled her hands in the flowing water to feel it's coolness.

"Time to go" Xavier helped her into the waiting carriage.

"So, where are we going next?" Excited at the mysterious destination.

"You'll find out soon"

Her body felt relaxed, the knots and screws which made her body tensed had been loosened. She stretched her now refreshed body, blowing a breath of satisfaction.

"Thank you Xavier" feeling a profound gratitude to the vampire who comforted her in such a marvelous way. She watched him placed his feet on the footstool, one over the other.

"You're welcome" he gave his usual shrug as he closed his eyes.

Fixing her gaze on the blonde vampire, a habit she had come to enjoy whenever they are alone together, Seraphine fervently wished she could read what was going on in his mind.

Wanting to test what else her eyes could do, she squinted her eyes at his lips.

"Want a taste of it?"

Quickly, she looked away, coughing to comport herself, "what are you talking about?" Her cheeks reddened, looking out the window.

"It's quite soft and succulent actually, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, haven't you been staring at it all this while?" 

Seraphine cleared her throat, "I did not. I'm not a pervert. Why would I be staring at your lips" she retorted.

With a straight face, he asked, "who mentioned anything about lips" he bit into one of the apples she had spotted earlier when she entered the carriage, "I meant this"

A deep scowl marred her face when she realised Xavier was messing with her, she had definitely not been staring at it.

"So, you've been thinking about kissing me?" He faced her squarely, "what else have you thought about in that small head of yours?" Mischief danced around his eyes.

Saved by the carriage which stopped at that moment, without waiting for him to help her out, she jumped down. Not knowing their destination and the unwelcomed glances she was getting made her waited for him.

She felt him linked his fingers with hers, "let's go", without paying the people no mind, she was led across the market, passing by stalls of different wares till they got to a shop.

"Welcome, my Lord!"  The happy chirpy shop owner exclaimed, he bowed extending the bow to Seraphine, "my lady".

Seraphine was overwhelmed again by Xavier's thoughtful gesture, surrounded by various colours and sizes of spectacles.

The owner scurried around as he showed Xavier his quality items, "how about this? This is what is trending among the gentleman of the ton"

"I need one for a lady" titling his head in her direction.

Seraphine shook her head, pointing at the one which appealed to her.

"You have a good eye my lady. This is the only one in town at the moment. It came at such a high price" beaming with satisfaction when Seraphine nodded, she was pleased with how flexible it was.

Checking her reflection in the mirror with the spectacles on, she liked what she saw.

"I'll take this"

As they settle back in the carriage, Xavier checked the time, "I don't think we'll be able to go to the third place today. I'm sure Diane will be tearing her hair out in frustration, waiting for you"

Knocking on the roof of the carriage, he instructed the coachman to take them to the Manchester Mansion.

"I wanted to ask where you've been all day but not anymore" Diane settled back down on the seat in the garden, "this one fits you better" referring to her spectacle, which a tinner frame.

"You read my mind about that" Felicity spoke before gulping the glass of juice down her throat.

Francis winked at her while Daniel gave her a thumb up to express their opinion about the spectacle. No one brought up the incident of the night before despite the fact that, that was the purpose of coming together that afternoon.

She had told them the previous night that she would like them to hear her own side of the story, Diane had suggested her house, using that as an opportunity to invite her to her home.

Seraphine couldn't have been more pleased,Diane using that opportunity to invite her is as good as declaring that their friendship bond has gotten stronger.

"Guys, about my eyes, I would like to tell you about it"

They all listened, while the men were passive and attentive, the other two ladies did most of the interruption, blowing hot when she mentioned some of the reaction she had gotten from people due to the eye.

"How dare they treat you like that when it wasn't your fault?!" Fuming, Diane placed her hand on her waist, as if she was waiting for someone to answer her.

"Anyone that is not blind could see how pretty you are even with the eye anomaly" Felicity mirrored Diane's style.

Seraphine was amused at her friends' reactions, she was glad that she could take of her spectacle in their midst without feeling insecure.

Wetting her perched throat, she coughed when Daniel spoke about confronting Leonard for his past and present deeds.

"There's something you should know about the Lancasters as well. They're from a family of hunters."

"Hunters?"

"What do they hunt?"

"How do you know"

"I made my findings. So we need to be careful when dealing with him"

Turning to Daniel to answer his questions, "I have reasons to believe he doesn't know what he is, can't say the same for his parents though"

"We will find out during the ceremony." Felicity replied. Since the human was the only creature left to show their allegiance to maintaining peace and order in the kingdom.

"You're right"

Francis widened his eyes suddenly, remembering an incident which happened years ago.

"Pardon me Seraphine, you said your father died after coming to the town, you must have been the one who was crying at the town's square years ago"

She nodded with a solemn smile, "he died for a crime he didn't commit"

"I remember" Daniel spoke up.

"Oh poor girl" Diane hugged her tightly.

Felicity squeezed her friend's shoulder, sad that she didn't know her back then.