Threading on the Path of Desperation

Vivian was given a break by Ali who said she would call for her later. Without wasting any time, the maid hurriedly went to the kitchen, where the girls were just finishing their lunch. The ones who had pending tasks to finish were already on their way out. Sitted by the long bench were the head cook, Fiona and Jane who were engaged in a chit chat. Fiona and Jane did most of the talking while the head cook was just chipping in a little.

Vivian was amused because everyone knew how formidable Maggie looked but it seems the two little daredevils in the form of  maids had discovered her to be a softie on the inside. They are the only one, daring enough to play around her. The resigned look on Maggie's face as Vivian watched them clearly showed she had decided to put up with their shenanigans this morning.

"There you all are" Vivian spoke as she took a seat across them, sipping a cup of blood which she took from the jug.

"Lovely day, isn't it?" Fiona smiled brightly at Vivian who was way older than both her and Jane.

Vivian agreed with a nod and smile of her own, "indeed, it is"

"then why do I detect a line of worry which is about to form on your forehead?" Jane added, squinting her eyes like she could actually see one, the rest of them did the same, looking for a thin line of worry.

Vivian sighed and the ladies moved closer, "is everything all right with lady Aliona?" The head cook asked, everyone knew the only one to evoke such level of concern from Vivian is the Lady Aliona.

"She's fine but I can't help but worry about her and lady Josephine" Vivian narrated in low tone what happened in the garden and the secretive smile of lady Josephine's maid.

"I know she's up to something. I can just feel it in my gut" furrowing her brows till her eyelids thinned.

"I wish they could leave as soon as possible" Jane mumbled solemnly,

"only the gods know what those two are up to this time around" Fiona spoke angrily and Jane quickly covered her mouth in alarm, also earning a glare of warning from Maggie.

"Remember how lady Josephine sneaked in on us the last time she was here. You wouldn't want to have a repeat of what happened afterwards, do you?"

Fiona's eye widen, recalling how she was punished by the vampire when she thought she had long gone and hissed. She would have died if not for lady Aliona but her punishment had been a grave one. It took months for her to be properly healed thanks to Jane and Maggie who constantly cared for her.

Vivian spoke, "I want you all to keep your ears and eyes out for anything suspicious." Looking them in the eyes one after the other to emphasize on the importance of her speech, "be discreet and make sure you aren't caught by either of them." Both girls nodded vigorously, showing how committed they were to looking out for their mistress.
******

Josephine listened as she heard the heartbeat of her sister- in-law approached. Most vampires can identify people based on their heartbeat once they had listened to that person's heartbeat before- they have the uncanny ability to tell heartbeat apart. She smiled and settled herself graciously on the bed. A knock was heard and she told her to come in.

"I need to talk to you about something" Ali informed her, Josephine smiled inwardly, knowing what she wanted to ask.

She had heard from her maid that everything had gone smoothly as planned.

"of course, darling. I hope everything is all right?'

"yes, I overhead your maid sharing how you fell pregnant after drinking a portion."

Josephine faked a smile, "oh that" she waved her hands casually, "I was lucky to meet a woman during one of my evening strolls. We became fast friends and during one of the times I shared my concern with her about having the fruit of the womb, she gave me a portion to drink every night. I was doubtful at first but it worked, clearing my doubts"