Lady Knox's Birthday Party

"wow, you look gorgeous, Seraphine!" Diane admired the simple purple gown her human friend was putting on. The dress was designed with a lavender ruffled chiffon splayed on her upper body while a half-full floor length dress, made with purple silk was used for the lower body and the hand.

"Felicity really took her time to help you with your dress at such a short time" she complimented.

"This can't be compared to your lovely dress and you look radiant as always" Seraphine swept her hand over her cloth to show how elegant Diane's full dress in a shade of sky blue was.

Brushing off her compliments, "you know what would have made you look even elegant, if you do away with your spectacle" Diane knew she was being forward but wanted to know the reason for behind her spectacle usage . With the little she had garnered accidentally from a woman who bore a resemblance with Felicity, she had learned that Seraphine wasn't blind. Diane wasn't sure if she had a scar on her face; she doubted so anyway.

"No, the spectacle stays" Seraphine had replied, purposely leaving out the reason why.

Respecting her choice and not wanting to ruin the good mood, "I'm glad you decided to join me after all, imagine how boring it would look without you while the boys are already snagged by impatient mothers for their single daughters of marriageable age"

Seraphine scoffed at her comment, "as if you haven't been attending parties before meeting me" she was starting to like the vampire lady who seemed humble and friendly towards her. Unlike the others who tend to keep their nose high up, Diane Manchester had approached her first even though it was for a purpose and she had been imposing in a good way.

"Please, don't remind me of how pitiful I usually look whenever we attend parties such as this together" fanning herself as they walked towards the door.

Serahpine would have totally declined her invite when she came back few days ago as she had promised if not for what she saw. Diane had met she and Felicity in the middle of conversation, since she had filled her friend in about the female vampire that visited The Pawn.

Felicity had been mesmerised on having a close look at a vampire of such high status, hanging on every word Diane says, she had quickly answered on her behalf when the vampire invited her to a birthday party.

"Who knew Madam Knox shares a last name with an elite vampire" Felicity joked, referring to the woman who had a food stall in their town.

While she contemplated on the most polite manner to decline her invite, she had spotted the crest on Diane's handkerchief, the exact same one she saw in the recurring dream she had been having.

Trying not to appear alarming, she touched the kerchief, "is this your family crest?"

"No, it belongs to one of my close friends" Diane's cheek turned pink a little, "I'll introduce you to him and my troublesome brother at the party. They and Xavier made up the close-knit community of friends I have"

That had been the major reason she decided to come to the party, perhaps if she saw the face, there could be something she could do to prevent what she saw from befalling him.

Seraphine hadn't given much thought to why her dreams come true since she had only had them twice when she was young, but now that a particular dream had stated recurring but never had she seen or remembered the whole dream, it had become a matter of concern.

Maybe if she could get to the button of this one, she could understand what was happening. In all the times she had visited the library, reading books related to dreams she had not come across anything out of the ordinary which made her not to be too concerned about the situation.