The Favorite

[Author’s notes: This one is a short one just from Candice’s POV, but don't worry because you will be getting another chapter today.]

Candice’s POV
I grab my phone and sit back on the couch to find the ultrasound picture. While I’m scrolling, Grant had made his way to the floor on his knees, trying to discretely lift my shirt up. C: “what are you doing mister” G: “I just wanna talk to my best friend” C: "you don't have to lift up my shirt to talk to me" G: "I know that, I'm trying to talk to my other best friend" he points to my stomach. C: "Oh, well proceed." he smiles at me and then starts kissing my belly, making me laugh and sending a warm sensation through my entire body. G: “hey little person in there how have the last 3 weeks been, has your mommy been annoying you” he puts his ear to my stomach C: “oh wow” I say while I’m still laughing G: “shhhh the baby is talking to me” I can't believe he just shushed me” G: “I know right she really does need to learn to share doesn’t she” I can't believe he is talking about me to our baby right in front of me. C: “you know I can hear you right” G: “yes and the baby would really appreciate if they could have some alone time with their daddy” C: “oh so you're really trying to steal my best friend right now” I giggled G: “girl you know I’m the favorite the baby loves to hear my voice over facetime” C: “boy I knew the baby longer” G: “for a week” I roll my eyes. C: “whatever, I’m gonna send this text while you try to convince yourself that the baby likes you more than me” Both of us laugh, and Grant continues to talk to and kiss the baby. We have about 15 minutes till our castmates show up for our first table read of the season, so I need to hurry up and send this picture. I found the picture I wanted to send, and as fast as I could, I sent it with a small caption, then closed my phone.