The Baby Shower

[Author's notes: Here is the list for everyone's name
Chy, Kaity=kc, Em, Mel=m, DP, Cait=cl, Steph=s, Chris=cw, David=dav, Jeremy=jj, Brandon=b, Nick=n, Los=l, Tom=t, Hartley=h, Jesse=j, Dani=d, Jess=jp, Keiy=k, Adrian=a, Emma=e, Harlee, Mrs. P, Mr.P, Mr.G, Mrs. G, Gracie=gg, Tyler=tg, Hayes=hg]

Candice's POV
It's Saturday, January 26th, the day of our baby shower, and I'm so excited. We ordered catering from one of me and Grant's favorite catering places, Supper Club YVR, and it just arrived. We are having it in our apartment and are inviting all our close friends like our cast mates, our coworkers, and our families. It's gonna be a blast. G: "15 minutes until guest start to arrive you ready" C: "yeah, I'm really excited to see everyone's gender predictions" G: "me too, I really think it's gonna be a girl" C: "really? I think it's gonna be a boy" G: "that explains why your wearing a blue dress" C: "and that explains why you are wearing a pink shirt" G: "we should put money on it, whoever is right pays for our first date after the baby" C: "deal, I can't wait to eat for the free" G: "in your dreams" our fun banter got interrupted by a knock at the door. The dogs beat us to the door, and when we got to the door, it was Jesse, which isn't surprising at all because he is always on time. He had on a pink shirt because we also asked our friends and family to wear pink or blue based on what they thought the baby would be. C&G: "Hey Jesse" J: "hey y'all" we both hug him. G: "yes! team girl" C: "don't mind him, the gift table is over there" J: "ok" right as we go to sit down, we hear another knock on the door. It was Caity, Danielle and Hayes, and Chris and Mel. C: "hey guys, welcome in" CW&M: "hey" DP&HG: "hey guys" CL: "hey" G: "Jesse is already on the couch. For the next 30 minutes everyone started coming in, first was Chy, Em, and Kaity, then our family arrived, then Keiy, Jess, Dani, Hartley, and Tom, then David, and Steph, then Jeremy, Brandon, and Nick, and lastly Los. S: "nice of you to finally join us" L: "shut up. Steph, having good hair takes time" we all laugh and start the games.

Grant's POV
G: "ok everyone split up by color" C: "if you are wearing blue stand on the left" G: "and if you are wearing pink stand over to the right" Chy, DP, Hayes, Jesse, Tom, Los, Steph, Mrs. G, Mr. P, Hartley, Tyler, Keiy, Adrian, and Dani where all in pink, and Kaity, Em, Mel, Cait, Chris, David, Jeremy, Brandon, Nick, Jess, Emma, Mrs. P, Mr.G, and Gracie were all in blue. We had an even number of people on each side because Harlee was wearing yellow, which was perfect. The first game was rock paper scissors. G: "ok so the first game is rock paper scissors blue vs. pink. C: "the winner wins a point for their color. G: "the team with the most wins gets movie tickets that allow you to get in any movie in next month. Em: "y'all are going down pink" S: "in your dreams" we play for a little while, and we are finally at the last 2, Mel and Chy. Chy: "bring it on supergirl" M: "oh I'm gonna" G: "alright it is best ⅗ this time y'all ready" Everyone shakes their head. Mel wins the first 2, but Chy wins the last 2, so they are now in the last round. C: "alright this is the last one winner takes it" G: "y'all ready... here we go" Everyone: "ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS, SHOOT" Mel throws out paper and Chy throws out rock. M: "yes I won" C: "and that is 1 point for the blue team" The blue team cheers, and we go on to the next games. Pink won the baby bottle game, baby food game, and the diaper game, and Blue won the braiding game and the measuring game. The last game is the swaddle, we will see which team can swaddle and unswaddle a doll the most in 3 minutes while alternating. We played the game, and in the end, it was a tie even though my team might've had uglier swaddles. Me and C move over to talk about how we will do a tie breaker when Los taps me on the shoulder. L: "we came up with an idea" G: "what is it" JJ: "we think y'all should compete" C: "what do you mean" KC: "how about y'all compete to see who can swaddle the fastest" I am screwed, I really wish I was paying attention that day in class instead of trying to distract Candice. C: "the sounds fun" it only sounds fun to her because she knows I didn't pay attention that day. G: "yeah fun" I say with a sarcastic smile. I tell my team to huddle up because we definitely need a plan. G: "guys I can't swaddle for shit" T: "really G" G: "C was supposed to show me tomorrow" Chy: "it's ok we will figure something out" L: "how about we distract C to buy you some time" G: "alright let's do this"

Candice's POV
I pull my team in for a huddle. C: "guys Grant can't swaddle for shit" Kc: "isn't that a good thing" C: "yeah but knowing that, I know they are gonna come up with a plan to try and mess me up" N: "good point" Cl: "how about we split up" B: "what do you mean" Cl: "how about half of us go mess with G and the other half stay to keep them from messing with Dice" Dav: "that's a good idea" C: "sounds like a plan" we go over to our stations and get in position, our distracting team is standing a little bit behind me so they don't look suspicious. Jp: "ok ready set GO" my team disperses, and I can see G's team coming over out the corner of my eye. I stay focused while my team works their magic. Cl: "hey Los what are you doing over here" L: "oh nothing just scoping out the competition" Cl: "well as you can see she is doing just fine" T: " David, Chris can I ask C a question" Dav: "she's good" Cw: "but you might wanna go check on your teammate he is looking a little flustered over there" I look over for a second and see my teammates messing with Grant. L: "abort abort" they run back over, and my team comes back to me, and I finish up swaddling. C: "done" I lift my hands up. Jp: "1 minute 15 for C" I look over at G and see his swaddle in a wreck. C: "oh baby it's definitely something" G: "hey I tried" C: "I will definitely have to teach you tomorrow" G: "yes please" we all laugh and he comes over and kisses my temple. Jp: "Well with that, the winner of the baby shower festivities is the blue team" We all cheered. After I passed out the tickets, we all partied, talked, ate, and opened gifts. We had the best time. C: "thank y'all for coming and sharing this moment with us, we love y'all so much" G: "yes, also don't forget to drop your name suggestions in the box" J: "we had an amazing time" everyone nods in agreement. L: "I think y'all are really gonna like the name I suggested" G: "I doubt it" he rolled his eyes. G: "bye everyone" Everyone: "bye" everyone starts clearing out, and G and I go and crash on the couch. G: "wow that was fun" C: "and tiering" G: "tell me about it" C: "I'm so glad they helped us clean before they left because that would of been a lot" G: "yeah, we also have a lot of returning to do next week" C: "forreal we have so many doubles" G: "I'm not mad at the multiples in diapers wipes and bottles tho, we always need those" C: "right but the carseat, bassinet and some of the clothes that we already bought, that they got too have to go back" G: "right but for now let's go get some rest" C: "you don't have to tell me twice"

*****************************************
Hey loves, sorry for being away for so long. I have been so focused on the rap beef going on that I have completely forgotten to write, but I'm back. I would also like to say y'all should go steam Hiss by Megan Thee Stallion. She is so close to being #1 on Billboard Hot 100, and I think the song is amazing. Megan has been through hell and back, and I really think she deserves it after all she has been through, so if you can, please buy and stream Hiss. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Goodnight, loves. <3