Ready or not

[Author’s notes: For reference, the scene that this story is referring to is the one where they figure out that Nora was working with thawn, 5-18]

Grant’s POV
It’s Friday, February 1st, and we have an 8:30 call time. C woke up after having some painful braxton hicks contractions, but they were pretty far apart, so she wasn’t worried, but I was. G: “I really don’t think you should go in today” C: “baby I’ll be fine, we have hiatus for a week next week, I can make it through one more day of filming, plus they are pretty far apart anyway” G: “yeah but they're never this painful” C: “babe, I’ll be fine don’t worry” G: “ok, but I’m not leaving your side today” I love the fact that she is so strong, but something just doesn’t feel right to me, but if she wants to go in I can’t stop her. C: “if that will make you feel more comfortable” we head out. While we were in the car, C had one really painful contraction. She tried to hide it, but since she always holds my hand when I drive, I could tell she was in a lot of pain by how she was squeezing my hand. We arrived on set, and C had hair and make-up, so I went with her, even though I didn’t need to be there for another 15 minutes. Our Parents have the dogs for the day because they wanted to be down here just in case we needed help. We were in hair and make-up for 45 minutes, and in that time span, she had 2 more contractions only 20 minutes apart. We leave, head to wardrobe, get dressed, and then head to set. C and I are working together a lot today because today we are shooting mostly loft and Star Labs scenes. C and Jess made it through the loft scenes pretty quickly, given that C had to stop every 15 minutes from contractions, which I’m starting to think aren’t Braxton Hicks. It’s now like 10:30 a.m., and we start heading over to do our group cortex scene when C has another contraction. I hold her up and rub her back to comfort her. G: “just breath C: “mhhhhhhm” G: “baby I really think we should head home so you can rest” C: “I’m ok” G: “baby I don’t care if you keep saying you're ok, I’m taking you home” C: “fine, but can we at least get the group scene done before we go” G: “fine, but as soon as it’s over we are going home” I reluctantly agreed only because I knew it would make her happy. We make it over to the cortex set and start shooting, we get through about 2 takes pretty well, but they wanna do one more take to clean it up. G: “she lied to us, Iris… since the first day she got here, about Thawn! She knows what he did to us, to me, to my mother… we can’t believe a word she says” C: “We don’t know that” G: “yes we do!” C: “we don’t even know why she’s working with him” T: “now the pressing question is not why Nora is working with the reverse flash… maybe I can talk to her and shed some light on the matter” C turns to say her lines but nothing comes out. T: “C you alright” she isn’t facing me, but I can see her shake her head no. I walk around to look at her face, and all I see is panic. Todd: “cut” G: “baby what’s wrong” I pull her into a hug, and the scariest words come out of her mouth. C: “I think my water broke” I released from the hug, and her jeans were soaked. G: “holy shit” DP: “what G” G: “uh uh” J: “G spit it out” G: “her water broke!” Los walks over. L: “dude not fu- oh fuck” I am litteraly freaking out, C is completely frozen and Todd is trying to get a hold of the situation and keep everyone calm. G: “wh- wh- what do I do” D: “first you need to calm down… C are you ok” she didn’t respond and that’s when I snapped back out of my fear. G: “baby hey it’s ok, I’m right here” she finally moves to look up at me and I can see tears falling down. C: “I- I- I’m not supposed to be due for another 3 weeks, w- w- we didn’t even finish the nursery, I don’t have my bag completely packed” G: “hey it’s ok, your far enough along that the baby will be perfectly healthy ok” she shakes her head in agreement. G: “just breathe. Everything is fine... Tom, Jesse, can you help me get C to the car” T&J: “yeah of course” G: “um Danielle can you call C’s parents and let them know that her water broke and tell them that I will figure out what to do about the dogs” DP: “yeah” G: “ummm… Jess can you see if your dog sitter can watch our dogs and if so can you send her address to C’s parents” Jp: “yeah I’ll check” G: “Los can you text my parents and ask them to grab C's and my bags from the apartment, and that the list of all the stuff we still need to pack is on the fridge” L: “on it” Todd: “Grant y’all go, we will get this cleaned up and we will just postpone this until the week we get back” G: “ok thank you so much” Todd: “no need to thank me just go” G: “ok” Jesse and Tom take my keys and get C to the car while I go get our stuff out her trailer. After I get everything, I get a text from the group chat that I will check later. I make it to the car, and we head to the hospital. Luckily, we are only 15 minutes away. On the way over, her contractions started coming consistently, and about 6 minutes apart, they were painful too. G: “breath baby breath” C: “I’m scared, what if we aren’t ready, what if we aren’t meant to be parents, what if I’m not a good mom, what if I-” G: “baby we are gonna be the best parents, all we have to do is love this baby as much as we love each other, and even if we aren’t ready we are in this together. Ready or not, we will do this as a team ok” C: “ok I love you” G: “I love you too”

*****************************************
It's finally happening they are gonna be parents, I hope y'all are enjoying this series, I will be posting one more part today. Bye loves <3