020

⌜ THE AMBITIOUS ⌟

⌜ THE AMBITIOUS ⌟

    By instinct you immediately stood and ran up to Jing Yuan, hugging him tightly caring less on his whines and squeals due to his injuries. 

    Of course, you couldn't help yourself to not embrace him after not seeing him for a hefty amount of time, how long you've been waiting for him?

    Three months.

    That's not the worse and you'd been able to fill in the shoes of your boredom, it's just seeing him again had brightened your tiring day.

    Not to mention you didn't see him at all the whole day, other members of the expedition were there but not him. It truly ran some worrying and wild thoughts on whatever happened to pitiful him.

    Then you felt his hand rub your back lightly and let out a laugh at your demeanor, after a moment you finally let go. Observing every noticeable detail.

    Minor injuries, loose bandages.. and was it just you? Or did he grow a little taller...

"Explain yourself!"

    You raised your voice at him, he flinched just by the sheer shift of your voice. You may be grateful, but you weren't necessarily happy as well.

   He awkwardly chuckled at you, your face bewildered in return.

"These bandages don't even look well made! and why didn't you come straight to the commission if you have this much injuries!"

    Maybe you were exaggerating on the last part but in your defense, you still had the grounds to complain.

    He raised his hand lightly and you paused yourself from continuing. His face plastered a sheepish grin despite his injuries, attempting to calm you down.

"Okay okay, I-I'll talk.... You can rebandage me too."

"Explain first, we can catch up on other things tomorrow."

    After a while of sitting down and immediately patching him up from what you considered the poor ethics of his bandaging, you calmed down and began lightly with the conversation.

    He hummed and gave some thought, staring at every movement of your hand as you poured a cup of tea for him as if he tried to pass the time whilst thinking.

"Well... I guess to put it simply, the expedition did well it's just that..."

"There! Over there! The small and the youngest one, it was him!"

    A familiar Cloud Knight raised his voice, it peaked Jing Yuan's curiosity as he finally and was the last one to step out of the ship, glancing curiously at the situation but it immediately struck surprise in his mind when he realized he was the one being pointed at.