037

⌜ CONSIDER ⌟

⌜ CONSIDER ⌟

"Are they still not here yet?" 

    Murmurs echoed around the room; it was mixed with many incomprehensible words, but the general gist of what Jing Yuan hears was about the Alchemy Commission.

    You mentioned a meeting... Perhaps it was also held late?

    Few minutes pass as General Teng Xiao and his assistant began to converse with each other, momentarily glancing at the front row of the heads of their respective commissions and the additional Sword Master who was right in front of the little Cloud Knight.

    Actually... That charcoal guy was also there, connecting the dots was easy said than done but it brought quite the surprise for him. Is that why he wasn't apprehended on the spot during the coronation of his master? Huh, what a lucky break.

    Suddenly, the door was heard to be slammed open and the sunset orange light from the outside largely seeped in, drawing everyone's attention. Following the trend the white haired also glances out of curiosity for the new arrival- or arrivals.

    It was You alongside the High Elder? Everyone else was rather stunned including himself. First of all, Imbibitor Lunae turned busy when that Preceptor arrived but suddenly a few hours later he shows up? Secondly, why was it not the Head of the Alchemy Commission? Sure, The Head of the Realm-Keeping Commission may have sent out his assistant in his stead instead, but the Alchemy Commission didn't? Lastly... you looked different, no! much more reminiscent of your expression when he first met you, a dead cold stone face just like the one beside you, but an aura that felt so lackluster and... dead... just what the heck happened to you!?

    Oh no... did you hate the bouquet he gave to you? Was he such a blockhead to not truly notice your interests!? Wait no you never once admitted you liked flowers... Yikes!

    Rapid alarms began to torture loudly on his ears whilst his whole body rose up in temperature with his cheeks turning into a rosy red, his fellow men made a quick glance at his state before awkwardly turning away.

    At least more than half of the Cloud Knights in this room knew Jing Yuan's dealings with you, making it even more embarassing for the poor soul who's already panicking inside his head.

    But only when the High Elder made his first move did everything pause and calm the boiling storm that brewed inside his mind.

"General Teng Xiao, I and the emissary for the Alchemy Commission apologize for a poorly timed arrival, but I implore you to be considerate as we give our responses to the sudden request of the Xianzhou Yuque."

    Dan Fe— Imbibitor Lunae you're already graceful! And also stone faced...!

    The General nods and the two figures stride and found their own arrangement, Jing Yuan attempts to catch your attention with a failure.