038

⌜ THOUGHT ⌟

⌜ THOUGHT ⌟

"It's true."

"What is? I asked more than one."

    General Teng Xiao looks at you curiously whilst you look around again, confirming no one was eavesdropping nor' near the parameter to hear your private conversation.

    Except for one spot, you with full consciousness absolutely ignored their presence despite them looking at you, with one looking at you worrisome whilst the other pointing at you menacingly.

"All of it."

    Your head snaps back at the General who was taken aback at your sharp tone. He nodded and composed himself.

    You wished you could compose yourself too but with bubbling emotions stirring the pot ever since the meeting at the Alchemy Commission, you felt like you were about to explode.

    But then... why? You don't normally feel like this... something was screaming in your head, something was terribly wrong.

    Whatever the case, you couldn't do anything and just continue the line of conversation.

"General of the Luofu, I apologise for being blunt but,"

    You slipped your words, feeling something inside you crack.

"Don't mention anything we talked about nor' this conversation to anyone else."

    General Teng Xiao looks at you surprised, he took a moment, quietly observing you before responding back.

"I apologise as well, my curiosity must've made me let loose. Do not fret, I will keep both my oath and my lips sealed."

    To your dismay, The General himself held one hand up his chest and bowed before you, everyone in the room began noticing the strange act and looked at you with mixed reactions of shock, confusion, and anger.

     'Just who was this nobody? Why did the General go to such lengths of respect? Why was he bowing to someone who's not even half his age!?' Such thoughts began ringing in your ears, you couldn't distinguish whether they were real voices or fake as the blur of reality began merging into one terrible result.

    It felt so loud, it felt so uncomfortable, it felt so cold, all of it felt terrible.

    Too many voices!? too many eyes!?

    You snap out of your panic and immediately bow back, trying to salvage the situation despite your already late response.

    Yet when the two of you were finished showing courtesy, it felt like everything only aggravated even more, the world felt like it was spinning.