040

⌜ THE INDIFFERENT ONE’S IDENTITY : AQUA ⌟

"Apologies... if the tea tastes... I—I... this is the first time I'm serving tea to such a figure like yourself—"

"The first time you're serving tea as 'a common citizen'?"

    Dan Feng narrows his eyes at you. Only after a prolonged silence, did you look back at him with not a pitiful shy face, but that of a blank one.

    Calm... the two of you were absolutely calm. And now the act was dropped the moment the doors were shut closed, were there were no hearing of the seabreeze, no attendee that'll knock on the door, no Preceptor to barge in demanding Dan Feng to finish paperwork, no sudden flickers of light from the desperate Jade Abacus who's begging to be picked up. None of that. It was just him in a silent room alongside a two-faced visitor who dared to lie on the spot on their first meeting.

    He sighs, and you in turn had your face lit up, although that apathetic expression felt like it was still right there.

    This child…

    Red and golden hairpin, doe eyes, apathetic expression, an oversized coat with no design whatsoever, black silk gloves. For someone with a small stature, they sure were fortunate only specks of dirt managed to catch on them.

    But it was also obvious that this wasn't just some kid, mayhaps the age be for in a surprise, but, who's to say that won't stop a scholar from achieving the pinnacle of wisdom? Even prodigies who achieve heights unseen make age like a joke.

    Dan Feng raises the cup, taking a sip from the fine brew. After a taste... It was strongly bittersweet.

"I find this repayment acceptable."

"I'm glad to hear it."

"But I doubt 'as a common citizen' applies to you."

    Probably in the eyes of others, yeah, this child was any other ordinary person walking down the street amongst the sea of blurred faces, but that isn't to say that applies to everyone. Certainly not Imbibitor Lunae.

    ...With an easy process of elimination, he can surmise;

"You must be Lord Red Flower, no?"

"I am."

    You didn't just come on the shores of Scalegorge Waterscape with the simple reason of 'by chance' or 'some curiosity and research you picked up'— no, it's just some excuse, you came here for another purpose.

It was to seek an audience with the High Elder of the Luofu, Imbibitor Lunae

"Caelorum Venti."

"Imibibitor Lunae, I trust you are doing well. Have you gotten the scroll Mons Grandis sent out?"