Chapter 66

—->Merry Christmas tooooooooo all who celebrate!

Jasmine's POV:

"Moooommmmmy" I heard Liberty say as she tugged on my arm.

"It's time to wake up mommy or Auntie Nicki is going to be upset with you" she whispered in my ear.

My eyes jerked open as I sat up rubbing my head.

"Where is your dad?" I asked.

"Downstairs with the boys eating breakfast" she mumbled twirling her finger as if she had more to say.

Liberty was fully dressed in a pink Nike tracksuit, but I was sure we would need to lose the jacket once we reached Los Angeles.

"Auntie Nicki called your phone and I answered. She said we needed to be there in 30 minutes, but Daddy said we are leaving in 10 minutes, and I didn't want to leave you" she cried.

I rolled my eyes, "Von wanted me to wake up late as if he was proving some point."

"Don't worry baby, I'll be downstairs in 10 minutes"

"Go back downstairs and finish your breakfast," I said.

When she left I rushed to the shower, taking five minutes max before brushing my teeth and slicking my hair into a tight ponytail. Once I was done with each product I threw them into my bag as I went. Whatever was forgotten would need to be gotten once we touched down.

I gave myself Grace as I was glad that I packed most of my things with the kids.

I threw on some sweatpants with a crop top sweater and my royal blue Jordan ones.

Glancing at myself in the mirror, I grabbed my sunglasses and placed them on my face. The lack of sleep was showing and I didn't need those types of problems.

"Are you not ready yet?" Von said coldly from behind me.

I grabbed my bad, before storming past him! "No thanks to you" I mumbled.

"I only wake my significant other up," he said from behind me.

My pace kept steady downstairs until I reached the kids. I wouldn't be letting him get under my skin today.

I kissed everyone on their forehead before leading them to the car.

King was extra cranky this morning so I sat in the backseat with him and Liberty, while August sat in the front.

His face lit up whenever he had the opportunity to be around him.

"Mommy?" Liberty said.

"Yes, baby?" I answered trying to keep my voice steady.

"Are you sure Santa will be able to find us in L.A?" She asked.

"Of course Lib!" I called him a few weeks ago to let him know we would be on vacation and where to meet.

The rest of the ride to the airport was quiet, besides a few exchanges between Von and August. 

He kept sending glares at me through the mirror, but I didn't bother paying attention. 

________

"Don't look at me like that Nic, I know we are running behind" I said while approaching her. 

She rolled her eyes but only led the way to the private plane we would be taking. 

Part of me wasn't up for the trip as a lot of friends and family would be attending. Some of us could call friends and some I don't want to have anything to do with.