Chapter 70

- I know it's been forever 😭 I'm soooorrrrryyyyyy!! Say you forgive me 😵‍💫🥰

Jasmine's POV:

I stormed through the front door of the house slamming the door behind me.

Whatever happiness that consumed me earlier in the day was gone.

"I know you saw me walking behind you Jas" Von said in a high pitch voice as he slammed the door once more behind him.

I reached for the strap of my heel, fumbling with the tie that held it together.

"Dayvon, I really don't want to hear anything you have to say right now" I mumbled in a low tone.

"Why the fuck are you mad at me?" He screamed.

My head shot up in an instant; my body moved before my mind could grasp my movement.

"Because ever since we were teenagers you have found a way to embarrass me!" I yelled.

With Asian out of all people, "at this point she should have been the one you ended up with" I blurted out.

"We were kids" I did dumb shit and I know that I hurt you but you can't allow her to always get under you skin. Von said.

His face was full of emotion and in that moment it softened my heart.

"Yeah, only if it wasn't all new information to me" I said.

You were really with her while I was giving birth to August! While I was fighting for my life.

The softness in my heart toughened up in that instant thinking about the past.

"Jas" he whispered.

"Don't!" I said as I started to walk towards the steps.

He grabbed my arm gently spinning me around into his embrace.

"I said don't" the words barely made it out over my cries.

I hated crying, especially in front of him.

Now in his embrace it felt safe. Even when my mind warned me it shouldn't be my heart suggested otherwise.

"I can't change the past but I'm working every day to right my wrongs" Von said.

His arms tightened around my waist as my head rested on his chest.

"Mommy, why are you crying?" Liberty's voice said from behind me.

My body shifted from him as I wiped my face before turning around to find Liberty standing on the steps holding her teddy bear.

"Why are you out of bed baby?" I whispered in her ear before picking her up.

"Did daddy make you sad mommy? I heard him yelling at you" she said as laid her head on my shoulder.

"We we're just talking, nothing for a pretty princess to worry about" I said.

"Daddy didn't mean to scare you" Von said from behind us.

"I'm sorry Mrs.Bennent I didn't hear Liberty get out the bed" Joy said.

She was our baby sitter that traveled with us sometimes.

"It's alright, we were the ones who woke her" I'll put her back to bed .

She nodded before heading in the other direction.

"I'll just check on August before I meet you in the room" he said .

I zoomed Liberty to the room that she and King was sharing. He was fast asleep in his crib as I laid her in the bed next to the crib .

"Princess stay in there bed until they see the sun rising" I said before kissing her on her forehead.

She nodded her head before closing her eyes.

I walked two doors down before I was stop by Duke.

"Damn sis I didn't mean for things to go down like that at the restaurant" he said because brushing across my arm .

I placed my hand over my hand. I didn't like the way he looked at me.

"It's all good" I said as I tried to walk away.

He grabbed my shoulder, "if you need anything I'll be here for you"

My body tensed up as I smiled before walking into my room.

I leaned my head against the door letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Did she give you a hard time about laying back down?" Von asked coming out the bathroom?

"No" I said quickly.

I eyes followed him across the room as he was only wearing a towel.

"So why do you look like you have seen a ghost?" He asked glancing at me through the mirror.

"I don't" I mumbled.

My feet dragged me to the bathroom where I turned on the shower before taking my clothes off .

The water hit my back as I closed my eyes .

"Can I join you since you jumped in before me? He asked standing on the outside of the glass .

"Sorry!" I said before nodding.

My mind was still on Duke, I didn't like the way he watched me .

"What are you thinking about?" Von asked

"It's nothing" I lied.

His hands traced circles around my back as I leaned more into him.

He placed small kisses over my neck in shoulder.

"Please forgive me, I don't want Asian to mess up our vacation" he said.

His hands were placed near my thighs until he made his way up to my click before rubbing in a circler motion.

I moaned out loud.

"You don't have to say yes right now" I just want to hear you baby.

His voice was rough but low and in that moment I was his .

-short chapter but I'm still working on the next.