Chapter 15. The problems of an overthinking mind.

Hi, hey, hello. What would I say? How do you start a conversation with someone who saved your life but clearly wishes to not be a part of it. 

How do you accept that? How do you face that carelesness with a bright smile?

That was my problem: I was an overthinker who couldn't let go. 

"Ale" A buzzing thundered across my eardrums. "Ale" The voice echoed again.

Violently, my head struck upwards, facing the creator of the sound in between my sight: Mary. Her puffed lips pressed aggressively between them: her eyes, hurriedly, alerted me to the words that followed. Her leg kicked mine, my eyes doubled in size.  

The door shut. A scandalised grin now smiled innocently; her head tilted slightly, warning me of the peril, as my eyes reflected the intruder....

The wrong intruder.

"Alesita" Were his conceited words "What a pleasure to encounter you here!"

The wickedness in my mind wished to mumble the words: I wished I could say the same, but with a gulped grinchy attitude replied:

"Hey Andrew" I answered. My hands gathered my books and allowed the table all to himself, he speculated my actions to which I forcefully smiled sweetly. Jane, in her silent observations, laughed silently: I shot her a poisonous look ... and I laughed silently with her too.

Mary, unsure of the laughter, interrupted. Her eyes still darted on the olive face of Andrew.

"So... You are the new acquaintance" A laugh escaped my lips. "Where were you from?" She questioned with both puppy eyes staring at the new creature. I was either repulsed by her affections at him, but couldn't help be thankful towards that weird creature. Her hand cribbed her face...dear Mary.

"I'd tell you, but I can't remember them all...We came here a couple of days ago; your friend can tell you more: you see, we're neighbours" And he enjoyed with excelling pleasure the words.

"We are" I confirmed, she stared with an enlightened fling.

As subtle as I could: I exited the conversation Oliver and Mary placed such effort in hearing. I knew the truth behind that mask: he was hot, and because of that  found him more friendly, attractive, even more intelligent. The fact that killed me was that he knew, and i could not spare myself from his acquaintance. Andrew, with a childish grin, commented with glee the whole story he once told me, now much more dramatic, granting my mind the power to think why so many eyes were entranced with the arrival of these two; him, in particular. It is universally acknowledged that if the superficial facade of newcomers is pleasant, then naturally, all girls will devote their time into knowing every aspect of their life. 

"Didn't you have a brother?" She asked, my heart stopped and the water I happened to be drinking was carelessly thrown out. I started coughing, mary slammed her hand against my back as Jane prepared the heimlich.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" I apologized "The water went the other side" and i fixed my eyes on my notebook.

The acid scorched my flesh, the blood-like electricity sparkled with incandescence ...a suffocated, hysterical laughter escaped my lips. Their eyes, with a noticeable preoccupation, glanced befuddled at my laughing: Andrew, aware of my irregular character, could not help but smile at me. Mary remained in the veil of ignorance so carefully placed. But I suspected, more like knew, that this veil was on fire, and there was not much time left for it to burn in its entirety.

"Step-brother" He corrected with  enthusiasm. His eyes then rolled and I felt, neither in an air of arrogance or depreciation, that Spencer and him could not be brought closer for another reason than the name. His rejection towards that connection was made visible by the grin he had escaped his lips and was replaced, quite coldly, with a repulsive grimace. I even pitted his face for the endearment. But the thought of them being distantly related exposed, alongside thousands of questions, why he felt so...empty. As if the fact could only accentuate the reasons behind his carelessness...but it was only a guess.