Chapter 27. Who says heartbreaks require two souls?

Because I could feel my heart shatter, and no one but myself was involved.

Unable to keep staring, as the good coward I am, i fled into the bathroom. I slid through the bathroom door, but didnt seal it. My hands gripped the marbled desk and peeked, indirectly, through the mirror that reflected his gaze. Spencer's eyes piercing at me. 

As feeble as my reddish limbs and suffocated eyes could depict: my mind no longer roused at his sensitivity. His rude staring  could only be due to the fact his entertainment was short and my suffering seemed to please him abysmally. He even grinned. 

He remained in the same arrogant manner: a pompadour, black shirt and his authentically black coloured jeans. I felt no intimidation whatsoever, i simply couldn't let him win, to crash and burn even more. I had to stand up to him, and that meant staring back at him. No matter how broken I was, i had to fight back. I had to preserve what little dignity I had left.

Our locked sight remained flaming for more seconds- each time I continued to stare, the more his brows wrestled amongst each other and gradually turned into the same invasion he always showed when his eyes fell on mine: a frustrated anger. Those eyes only hoped to end the anguish I, unnoticeably, produced.

My vulnerability inhibited the darts i had for eyes from attacking. I was in pain, and i couldn't handle his capricious sights no more. What surprised me was that he... knew. 

The paleness of his skin coiled to my warmth and in unstable and incoherent drafts, it seemed as if his steps urged  to grant me..something. To come at me. He gave a step, then returned. Then tried to give another, but never did...What the hell?

Unsure if it was sorrow or his tedium of rage, I allowed my pride to throb my head into another view...although in the corner of my eye: I could see how his jawline tensed with outrage.

Without any connection left to respond to his view, he lowered his gaze and allowed my ache to be freed once the door connecting us both was shut indefinitely. 

My limbs dropped and froze in the cold marble floor. I sank into my knees, held myself together and buried myself in the floor. I had never assumed that joy could be such a fleeting emotion. The more I felt it, the more it became part of me...It was easy enjoying the subtleties of life when aching as bad seemed as a distant concept that would never be encountered. I took my joy for granted...as he took me for granted.

He might have lost my love and smiles, but I lost my dignity and who I am.