Chapter 74. Maybe

"You know" I said, "Maybe my theory about the souls should be reconsidered," he laughed. "It just seems beautiful, doesn't it? As if it were fate that brought us together....

As if our grandparents could never be together, we must be. An endless cycle we must finish Spencer. Something brought us together and it is sure as hell." He laughed again, fearful to touch me, so I spread my fingers across his right cheekbone and kissed his left.

He wouldn't believe my theory of fate, of something far greater than us moving the pieces so we could be exactly as we are now.

Our souls collapsed in a supernova, so grand, love was confused with hate, sorrow with anger and grief...with revenge. All this time we have been blinded, for he and I are exactly how we are supposed to be: alive and in love.

"Come on" he whispered, and we climbed onto the roof of the tree house. He held my hand, then slithered it down my waist, pulling me closer, holding me in an embrace that would never fade. His grip made sure of it.

I looked into his eyes, sunk into his grey eyes as the sun slowly rose.

"Maybe fate does exist" I whispered, "For who would have known you and I would be destined to be together"

"Family rivalry couldn't keep us apart that is for sure," I laughed,

"But maybe it is..... Maybe all of this was meant to happen. Maybe eternity can be ephemeral. Maybe and just maybe, you and I are just meant to be. Maybe you are my one true love Spencer, and who knows, heck maybe this is even fate! It always has been!"

I sought his eyes, pierced into his and as I stared thought what my grandmother once told me.

Souls are instants, we are fleeting moments. And love, may be the only thing that can make our ephemerality eternal.

I smiled once again, and with painted lips of glee whispered into his ear:

"Maybe"