Chapter 23. Why are looks so important?

"Goodie! We got a break" I chanted next to Louise as we directed ourselves into the oaky rectangle where the boys, and Jane, were already there. Jane, standing above the bench: gave her morning announcement:

"Hey ladies! After Friday's party, I am going to host a slumber party as usual. No need to bring anything but pyjamas. So, who's in?"

"I am in" I granted and rushed to a hug which she embraced "You know I adore your slumber parties, just let me tell my mom"

Haiden rolled her eyes. Jane, unfortunately, noticed and her smile dropped to a frown, one I tried to fix with a hug.

"Are we invited?" Andrew asked. Jane looked at him.I could tel she didn't want to answer but the answer was obvious. You could see it in her eyes. Andrew noticed it too. .

"I guess not." He said before taking another bite of his sandwich.

"Sorry boys, but it's girls night after the party." She joked. "But I do I expect you to be there!"

"At the slumber party?" James teased

"No, you idiot!" She threw a nut at him "At the party!"

"And we will be." Ping responded

"When does it start?" James asked

"You guys should arrive at 7.30." She turned her eyes to me. "Ale can you help me set up?"

I got up and gave her a huge hug.

"Of course, I will. I'll come over with you to your house after volleyball practice."

Something in her gaze darkened.

"...That is if you're coming to practice." She didn't say anything but she shrugged in response. "It's okay, if you aren't,I'll ask my sister if she can drive me. No, don't worry about it! I'll figure it out."

"You have volleyball practice?" James asked, sweetly.

I nodded.

When had we ever spoken if we werent in class? Why is he talking to me now?

James stepped closer, his blue eyes gentle as he looked at me.

I smiled, holiding my lips into silence.

James was very attractive. Olive colored skin with an occasional tan line darker than the others, a smooth forehead that balanced out his nose, that although it was pretty, it exceeded the general standards. And he was so charismatic and yet so simple. James took pleasure in the little things life had to offer. He liked playing video games on his PlayStation.He played football with his friends and grabbing a drink. He had rough angles, broad shoulders but was so calmed and honest.  And although he's never admit it, he was very popular. Through his hobbies he had gained a few followers and, inadvertently, shattered a few hearts. He almost seemed embarrased by the attention, all he would do in response was look away shyly or smile .

For me, it was funny to watch, i knew they were desperate and willing to do anything just to exchange saliva. I found nothing but pitty for them. Now, i can see why they chased him on the first place and why they suffered so bitterly when he smashed their hearts so carelessly.

In conclusion: he was a nice boy who happened to be too hot to handle.

I begun to walk away, still absort in my thoughts.

"Wait!" His breathe stammered, he hurried to the table and ceased a wrapper that forced my neck to coil with peril, and although there was no danger, my subconscious could not help but to divert in such scenario. I laughed once again. He took my attitude as an invitation to join me.