Chapter 51. Can heart's synchronize?

The constant, numeric, lovely beating stopped and I found myself, petrified.... as if his heart merged into mine. As if it were a single musical instrument playing a melody only the two of us had the delicacy to hear.

"I will always do the right thing. Even when I am teasing you" He concluded, I smiled. And a sweet laugh was released at his comment.

"Well, unfortunately, I am quite teasable"

"Not unfortunately, more like miraculously" He continued. "Gracefully, idiotically, teasable"

I struck my tongue again.

"I will never get enough of you. You are who you are"

"I am" I spoke proudly "And you know, authenticity is overrated because there there are only a few souls who remain true to the wishes of their heart despite the agonising jealousy of their minds. Thats a psych fact, BOOM!" and did as if i dropped the mike, he laughed. 

His eyes locked with mine, his lips formed a grand O and he stared, wondering, about why thoughts.

"My enigma" He repeated and like a pattern, the smile was encountered in my facade once again-

"Fine, next one" I said in a hurry and he laughed "UUU! I have got one!" I declared "Favourite sweet?"

"Twizzler Black licorice" he spoke as his tongue glided across his lips. Ha!

"Too predictable" I smirked and his eyebrow lifted with a small air gap in his lips

"Now this should be interesting"

"I can't only choose one" I reminded him "It depends on my mood, whether I want to be as sweet as the sweet or the sweet being merely a compliment to my mood. Maybe even so the sweet being something to lighten me up"

"For example—" He promoted. I smiled

"When I am super super happy and jumping up and down I eat Sour patch kids, or life savers uuuu! I adore those! Then when I want it to be a compliment I eat maybe some gummies but when I am roughly sad, or whatever that terms seems to apply to me- I eat chocolate crunch"

He smiled, still to unsatisfied with himself to not ask another question

"Favourite movie?" He asked

"Movies' ' I corrected in a laugh "Well, I love monsters Inc, that one never gets old. Pride and prejudice definitely, Beauty and the beast always- but the old one though- the beauty is in the details, many people forget that. Bridget Jones absolutely... Hmmmm I don't know besides those. There are more I am sure but I just can't remember. Just the basic rom coms i guess."

"Well please inform me in the moment you do so" He said kindly. I smiled

"You?" I smiled "Now this I am curious"

He smirked at my comment and I stuck my tongue out.

"I rather watch TV shows. Series" He corrected

"Like what?" I asked, now even more curious

"Humm" He thought "Now I see what you are doing, smart" He pointed

"Doing what?" I am now incredibly confused.

"Loosening the spotlight"

"Oh I don't want it" I replied in a hustle. "Here" I handed it over to him. He laughed gently and caressed my cheeks with his fingertips. I laid my cold sweet hand above and let the electrons run wild.

A fire that doesn't burn and ice that doesn't freeze.

"Favourite book" He proceeded. I smiled without concern nor regret.