Chapter 20. Abience

My feet found themselves only a step away from the door.

A stabbing pain spread through my veins, the immobilising acid tempted me to petrify my lungs in one place, as it seemed that I was breathing a burning breeze of fire that charred me from the insides. Its source: the sporadic hatefulness of my mind, and in its cruelty, had restrained my eardrums from hearing the bell.

My muscles, and frank sanity, were annihilated by the fire that consumed my chest into a flagrant ache: the thumping heart sped its beats in such quick percussions its symphony, as it lately had, merged into one recurring flat line of heartbeats.

The burning sensation of lactic acid spread its inked opaqueness on the good will of my muscles; lying them into a treacherous belief that was ferociously encouraged by the metallic machine scorched in the centre of my chest.

"Here!" My lungs blurted out the words with an unnecessary amount of brutish strength; they immediately, gasped for air as the humiliation arrived in my cheeks. A room of quieted panthers now awakened. 15 meticulous eyes eyes judged and cursed at my tumultuous intrusion.

Fear petrified my heart into place, forced my feet into standing where they currently were and stared, with helpless shame, at the authority figure who would scold at my name.

My lungs, on the contrary of my hyperactive machinery, sped their gasps into quick and inconclusive, as the air, and my humiliation, appeared to be insufficient.

An apologetic smile scattered grimly across my flesh; my coward nose, in attempts to flee, cringed at the scenario my eyes wished to be blind off.

"Hi miss" I commenced; the speeding accelerating and accentuating my nervousness "I am so sorry I arrived late, I didn't hear the bell,it was completley my mistake, i am so so sorry I can sure you it won't happen again-"

"I know, I know you do" her lips simmered, her glasses fell "Dear do sit down"

"Oh...Of course" My lips chuckled awkwardly. I allowed my feet to credulously step inside the room; vexing at the place and searching, still with aggrieved minds assaulting and grieving at my back, for a place that would provide hope and a seat. Jane, with a peevish hand resting on her forehead, greeted me with a compassionate smile and introduced me at the place I would be settling my energy at...I directed myself at the wooden bench; granted my feet some freedom from their chains...of course that could only last for a minisule almost irreconicible amount of time. I stared, now frozen by fear, at the irrational corner hidden from the light.

Regret warned the beats of my heart and the flagrant twist of my smile.

As a devil haunting my presence: he stood there; tense and fierce as he usually was. The largeness of his body was smothered into a corner where his darkness glimpsed out with immorality. I stared into his sphere of malevich influence: his unfriendly grin glowed with coarseness. The same agrievity his curled fist presented. His hand raced to his eyes, an attempt to cover them which only tensed my aggravation: an exasperation that rose to my clavicles and ignited the fire that coursed through my blood.

My imposition forced his fingertips to flee into a strengthened clench.

His furrowed eyebrows, long lost grin, drowned the corner of his full pale lips...

He squished his fingers in a silenced torture.

If his heart was a maniac as it was mine, then both of our hearts had gone wild.

Discretion was nowhere to be found in his character: he stared with indignity at my body and hustled at my actions, i did the same. This was between him and I....yet the visibility of our repulsive attraction was being noted by the other members of the classroom: awaiting me to take my seat, to leave him there with the impulse, leave him without the inability to pounce his bony body into mine.