Chapter 72. If I told you a secret, would you keep it?

A secret everyone knows but no one keeps.

We all know that ageing will come, we all know that our hands will now have veins and purple lines on it; that all faces will be bloated, ellipse. Our eyes will not be smoother they'll be will be much more tired. We know that it is inevitable and sooner or later you'll be Granny's knitting and sharing cookies instead of running into the endless mist of the petrichor. We know it. it has been retaliated and drilled into our minds becoming an endless suffering; waiting and trusting our heart will keep on beating, that our hands will remain warm and gentle and this movement of the wind will remain outside our lovely and warm houses. We know it. we know how the pop goes: you are born, you grow up, you take IGCSES and then you answer the endless question billions of philosophers have never come to answer. What happens next?

Age. Age. Age. No one dares to speak... An endless gap of mystery being carefully plotted in sonnets and verses as no one truly knows what the hell we are going to become. We know we will eventually turn into ashes, the same ashes we were born with. But when we are grey, and old and constantly being asked about our health insurance, what will happen then?

It is known that we are frightened. No, better said petrified. That our foolish makeup created beauty will fade away into the cracks of our cheeks. That our cute and adorable pimples will be crushed into thin air. It is ignorant and foolish not to try to accept what will come, however we all are ignorant and foolish as after all... I am writing this.

Maybe this is a call of help? An alert that my grandmother's existentialism has come to take me entirely.

We have always got questions revolting in our minds, questions that cant be answered and that force us to make up a logical and stupid analogy. We can't know anything. Point. But it remains a creep.

We really do not take advantage of what we own, it is there, it has always been there but no one dares think outside the box and think just for one miserable second what would happen if it all ended? A clean and cruel abrupt end.

Like when you exit your room or house or even leave the dog's cage open, what would happen if you continued to walk away as it all turned into dust. Perished. With no end and no begging.

Would you still be worried about how many followers you own?

Would you still be mental about how skinny you look?

Would you still yell at your mother for trying to stop your miserable attitude?

Would you?

Yes, yes I know it is dramatic. You have gasped and cursed at my cruel and truthful words.

Well yell. Scream. Howl. But don't you ever tell me that you weren't warned.

We are stupid. We know. We are skinny. We know. We are ignorant. We know.

Apparently, we know everything, from the square root of algebra to the first verbs of movement in french.

We know.

And I know I want to spend every last second with him until that day comes.

Until I am snapped away from his arms and my heart's drumming is broken from his echo.

Until our love turns ordinary,

But until that day I will keep running with his hand tied with mine over the trees scent and the dirty earth we have come to treasure.

Until the scorching in our hearts becomes rusty.

Until the words in our soul transform into another paintbrush in the eternal blue above us