Chapter 48. What's the best way to say goodbye?

I woke up and jumped out of the bed. My morning was as chaotic as they ussually were. I hurried into my clothes, rushed through the stairs, gulped all the food as quickly as possible as i grabbed my bags and yelled for my sister to wait for me.  

We got on school right on time. And just as i stepped the gates, the anxiety began. The twitching of my fingers, the sporadic gulps of saliva, the unsteady breaths, the quizzical eyes searching for him....

I kept walking, discreetly looking for him.

My hair was being pulled outwards against the wind, I couldn't see anything, my hair was blocking my sight.

"Hey lil'A" Ty said

"Big T!" I yelled as I removed my hair from my face, some even from my throat. 

"Ale! How's Your leg?" Jane cried as she hugged me. I looked at her curls and then at her big arms forcing me closer to her.

"Hey! I am fine! It was just a stitch. '' I replied. "Did you eat some of the gummies? And how is Mari? Is she feelin' alright?"  I smiled again. They didn't seem to believe me, despite my very active and emotional movements.

"But I really am fine! Look at it. It's not skinny, it's chunky as it should be '' I replied as I showed her my leg.

"I was worried about you! You shouldn't bleed as much. And yes your gummies were perfect and Mari is fine, you should have more self preservation instinct!" She said, she also punched me in the arm and gave me another hug

"What happened to you?" Andrew said. I directed my gaze at him. If he was here.... Then he should be here too. I stopped thinking and smiled once again as I high fived him. He passed his shoulder over mine and I finally replied

"I fell, again. In volleyball practice.  No big deal I just threw myself to the ground and then a purple circle was in my left knee and all of a sudden I was bleeding.  I do bleed a lot,  Mari threw up so I donated my gummies" I finished. My arms were whooshing and my hands twinkling and lowering with every word I said. Their eyes as usual were widened, I guess I have that effect on people.

"Well you look happy I am glad you are okay" Andrew replied.

"Its Friday! Who wouldn't be happy on a Friday!" I answered sheepishly as I smiled for the millionth time.

I continued to smile and laugh at my mistakes; carefully (and with the help of Miltoast and Jane) to go down the stairs. I was a grandma a slow pathetic grandma. I finally arrived at the tutor and my faithful companions decided to go ahead.

"I'll meet you guys inside!" I yelled as I gave another step forward to him.

He stood there, leaning against the wall as usual. His navy blue coat, his perfectly neat jeans and his V-neck shirt. His grin noticeably increased. As I walked slowly towards him, his face was smiling more and more, his lips curving to reveal his neat white teeth. My steps became more and more clumsy, as I became more nervous... but in the end I reached him and his greyish eyes.

I smiled at him and looked down.

"I was afraid that you wouldn't come today" I confessed

"And why would I do that?" his eyes looked towards the sun, his colour was even more impressive and dramatic, his green eyes were now almost turquoise aquas.

I skipped a breath

"Well, because every time you  skipped the entire week....Where were you?" I asked

"Somewhere where I had to be" He replied. I rolled my eyes. What is he hiding?

"Yeah well you also had to be in school-" I replied, then bit my tongue. I couldn't fight with him about this, why was I fighting about this. I bit my toungue a bit more, his eyes softened.