chapter 3

Mingi got up in a bad mood. Karma is a bitch and yes it has bitched up on him. Yesterday he had found a cute puppy in his office. The puppy was too oblivious for the rules of the office and he entered the office without knocking. Cute. As if that wasn't enough, he cussed him out while sitting on his chair. Not even Seonghwa sat on his chair. Not even Wooyoung sat on his chair. Even after being caught red handed and was visibly shaking, he didn't stand up from the chair. Stubborn. It wasn't until a week later that his karma caught up to him.

As expected Wooyoung called him to ask him what that day was all about. He hadn't expected that the boy he bullied back then was the one he wanted now. Of course Mingi had changed eventually and realized all that he did was some peer pressure bullshit but he still didn't deserve Yunho's forgiveness and there was no excuse for his past behavior. If he wasn't the owner of the company he would've just went away from Yunho's presence. He didn't want to disturb anyone's peace and certainly not a certain puppy's peace.

Mingi sighed a thousand times as he got ready for work. He wasn't ready to face his karma. He left his hair messy, put on some formal pants and a t shirt, something he never does. Looking unprofessional wasn't in Mingi's vocabulary regardless of the situation. But today he felt worn out. He dragged his tired self to the office. "You look like you just got out of a lion's mouth." Wooyoung said as he looked pitifully at Mingi." I know thank you." Mingi sighed as he opened the door to his office. Wooyoung knew not to say anything more so he just went to his office too.

"Mr. Song the team is ready." Yunho barged into Mingi's office once again. Mingi looked like a hyena on life support but Yunho still saw a handsome man. His messy silver hair still made him look hot in Yunho's eyes and Yunho found himself blushing once again. Of course Mingi didn't even realize that as his eyes was busy darting all over the place. He didn't have the guts to look at Yunho. By the looks of it, Yunho still hadn't even recognized Mingi. "It's fine, you can continue with your duties. I'll take over with the upcoming fashion show." Mingi said. Honestly he didn't want to cross paths with Yunho anywhere so relieving him from the duties of designing looked like the best solution.

Yunho felt sad that he won't be working with Mingi. I mean who wouldn't want to see that face everyday? He just nodded and exited Mingi's office. He communicated with the team to tell them that Mingi will be taking over. Each girl in the team could already picture themselves as the next Mrs. Song. It would be an understatement to say Yunho was jealous. He was fuming with  jealousy and he didn't even know why he felt so. He decided that maybe it was because he couldn't get to display his skills but deep down he knew it was a lie. Besides it's not like Mingi was their boyfriend. He went on a full sulking mode and decided to stalk Mingi. He searched him on every social media platform while admiring his beauty.

"No no no! It can't be." Yunho said as his lips trembled as he looked at Mingi's bio-data. This man was his former bully. How could he not realize. Honestly Yunho felt guilty that he couldn't even recognize Mingi.

Song Mingi, the one and only bastard who made him feel like shit back then was in front of him and was his boss. He was this handsome fucker that could seduce every person on planet earth. Yes it was wrong to think about his looks now but Yunho found himself thinking about that raspy, rough and sexy voice that sent shivers down his spine. He repulsed Mingi with every fiber of his being and now he just wanted to hand over his resignation letter.

It wasn't even lunch but Yunho found himself already on his way out to his house. He lazed around the whole day binge eating and watching his favorite series' and not forgetting the usual routine of calling his girlfriend.

***********
Yunho debated with himself if he should hand in the resignation letter or not. He hadn't seen or heard from Mingi ever since he got there in the morning. But rumor had it that he was present. He barged into Mingi's office, something only he has done before and found Mingi there. Yunho's heart caught in his throat.

He realized how Mingi changed his hair to black and his hair was slightly parted while revealing his forehead. This man was fine and probably the finest man he's never seen. The all black outfit nearly sent him flying into the Netherlands. Mingi looked at him and Yunho's words completely disappeared. Why he was so nervous, even he didn't know that.

"I'm resigning." Yunho blurted out. "You know you don't have to do that right? I can make sure to be out of your way." Mingi proposed while standing up. He figured Yunho must have already found out by now." You always found a way to get under my skin, what makes you think that I will believe you?" Yunho scoffed as he sat down on the coffee table.

" Why're you ruining your life like that for a pathetic human being?" Mingi asked. He knew he was pathetic, useless and a failure but he couldn't ruin someone else's life more than he already did.

" Don't try that angel talk with me Mingi. We both know this is not who you are. You're a pathetic, worthless freaking bastard that doesn't even deserve to live. It's funny how your staff think you're the hottest person around town when in actual reality your looks are just opposite of what you are." Yunho spat with venom in his voice as he stood up feeling his anger rising.

Mingi couldn't say Yunho was wrong with any of the things he said." I won't ask you to forgive me because I don't deserve it. But I'm really sorry and I would do anything to show you that I am." Mingi weakly uttered still standing up.

"Anything?" Yunho scoffed. "Anything." Mingi sighed." Drop the fashion show." Yunho spat. Even he didn't know why he said that. He just wanted to hurt Mingi as much as Mingi had hurt him back then.

Mingi had worked his way up to finally have a place in that fashion show. He had participated in it twice and this time would be the third time but this time he would be doing it with his company not as a freelance designer.

He had took the second place every time and this time he was sure that victory was his. He couldn't break his promise that he would do anything so he nodded.

" If that means you don't get to quit your job then yes." Mingi said emotionlessly as he sat down in his chair.

It wasn't really emotionless. He just didn't want to come across as weak. He didn't want to look pitiful. He definitely felt remorse but he had an ego as a man and a handsome one for that matter. So he tried using that cold voice to hide his sadness.

It irked Yunho that Mingi was able to be unfazed by that. He wanted Mingi to show some emotions, hurt, anger, hatred, something. He just needed a reaction from him and this man in front of him didn't give him that luxury.

" Don't drop it. Make yourself lose, as to how that's your problem and talk to me only when you have the solution Mr. Song. I will be in the comfort of my home until then." Yunho said with an irritated voice as he went out of Mingi's office to his apartment. Yunho's phone rang irritating the freaking hell out of him.

"Hi husband" Gaeul's voice was heard from the other side." Hi baby" Yunho greeted with the same amount of energy. Gaeul was Yunho's safe place. Often times when work showed him the reason he should be dead, Gaeul always showed him why he should live.

" I was wondering if you could visit since it's a Friday. We will get to catch up and spend the weekend together." Gaeul pouted on the other side as if Yunho could see her but he didn't need to because he already knew how his baby was like.

"Have I ever told you that you're a genius?" Yunho chuckled as he put on his safety belt and started his way home. "A thousand times " Gaeul laughed." I would like to my love"" but you're swamped with work" Gaeul finished for him. Yunho didn't have any work, he just wanted to be alone.

" I'm sorry." Yunho apologized more for the fact that he was lying rather than for not spending time with his girlfriend." It's okay Yunho." Gaeul said with a smile.

"Thanks. I gotta go now love." Yunho lied through his teeth and Gaeul muttered a love you which Yunho reciprocated before hanging up.

To be continued

I'm in love with Mingi's voice, fight me if you can😭❤️. Like how do I find a boyfriend with a voice like Mingi's?