chapter 24

It had been three years since Yunho's death and everything had changed since then.

Mingi was always busy with work all the time. The only time he got off work was when his private investigator said he found something which always led to his disappointment.

But he never gave up on trying to find Yunho because deep down he believed that his lover was out there needing his help.

In the past three years Mingi knew no sleep. The maximum amount of time he could close his eyes were two hours.

The friend group was always trying to invite him out to something but he always came up with an excuse because he knew being with them will only make him think about Yunho.

Everyone had eventually retreated to their own world and Yeosang still couldn't come to terms with his brother's death.

Jongho had resigned as a police officer and he was now a soldier. Everytime he went to the police station he would remember what happened on that fateful day and he ended up resigning.

Nothing was going right at all. Hongjoong and San had tried to use their own private investigators too so as to help Mingi find Yunho but it looked like Yunho had been wiped off the face of the earth.

Seonghwa and Wooyoung no longer ate lunch together because everytime they tried to do so it would always end with them crying as they remembered Yunho.

Ever since the incident no one knew happiness and laughter. All they knew was sadness and crying. Everyone always cried themselves to sleep every night because everything was going haywire.

Mingi's company had grown a lot over the past three years because work was all Mingi knew. He never went home because every nook and cranny of his house reminded him of his lover.

All of them were living corpses who didn't care about anything more especially death. The only thing that prevented them from suicide was their counterparts.

"Mr Song we have a new client from the UK." Seonghwa said as he gave Mingi the file." Have you reviewed everything? Background checks and all?" Mingi asked.

"Yes sir." Seonghwa said and Mingi nodded. Seonghwa went out the door with tears. He reminisced the time Yunho sat on Mingi's chair and cussed out Mingi.

His heart ached from the fact that they were once a family but only one fateful day was enough to tear them apart.

Three years had passed but the pain still hadn't subsided instead it only increased with time. The wound was still new and the memories were still perfectly vivid.

Seonghwa washed his face in the bathrooms and he went out. He saw Wooyoung coming inside and he made way for him.

"Hyung." Wooyoung whispered. The last time he had talked with Wooyoung with something work unrelated was almost a year ago.

It was always Mr Park so upon hearing Wooyoung call him hyung, his walls broke down." Woo?" Seonghwa opened his arms and Wooyoung latched onto him as he poured his heart out.

Seonghwa comforted Wooyoung whispering sweet words to him. Wooyoung felt like a heavy weight was lifted off of him as he melted into that touch that always managed to calm him down despite the heaviness of the situation.