chapter 29

"A baby?!" Wooyoung screeched." Come on Mingi be serious for once." Seonghwa gulped down his water.

"He might be telling the truth because I heard Yunho saying baby. And Yunho is not the one to use petnames unnecessarily." Yeosang said.

"Is that why you wouldn't come with us?" San asked." Yes, the little guy was hiding in the bathroom." Mingi furrowed his brows.

"Now this is more intense than we thought." Jongho said and Hongjoong nodded." I couldn't talk much so I promised that I'll come on Friday." Mingi said.

"What were you doing all that time?" Hongjoong exclaimed." Still convincing Yunho that I'm Mingi and trying to convince my son that I'm his dad." Mingi shrugged.

"My son. That's goals!" San said and looked at Wooyoung." No. I'll bitch slap you hard." Wooyoung shook his head.

"But why would you convince them? It's not like y'all were talking over the phone." Seonghwa said." He's not allowed to switch on the lights at night." Mingi sighed.

"What else?" Jongho asked." He never goes out except for when he has to buy groceries and stuff. I could see he had more to say but time wasn't really on my side."Mingi said.

"So you didn't even get a little quickie?" Hongjoong asked." Hyung!!! What kind of question is that?" Mingi's face turned red with embarrassment.

" Really Joong? That was all you could think about?" Seonghwa shook his head." He said his phone is tracked so he couldn't communicate." Mingi said.

"But that doesn't look like the problem and I can guarantee you that there's something deeper which this guy's got on Yunho." Jongho said.

" We're waiting for you to explain further." Wooyoung said.

" In cases like these you find that either Yunho hyung, Mingi hyung, Yeosang or the baby is in danger. If Yunho takes a wrong move then he'll lose one of them." Jongho said.

"Am I not your hyung? You brat!" Yeosang side eyed him." Are you? I didn't know." Jongho smiled innocently." And here only Yunho hyung can tell us what the problem is." Jongho sighed.

"What matters the most is that he's alive and well right?" Seonghwa said and received a bunch of nods and yeses.
_________________

"Come on go and eat breakfast my darling." Yunho said to Yoongi." No Papa. I want daddy first." Yoongi shook his head with a pout.

"Baby he will come over tomorrow. But can you please eat now?" Yunho gently coaxed.

"You promise?"the little boy asked and Yunho nodded." I promise little one. Now eat hmm?" Yunho said and his son finally agreed to eat.

He fed him some cereal and gave him his favourite grape juice in his favourite sippy cup.

He really couldn't believe that Mingi never gave up on him and he had to convince himself that it was indeed true that Mingi had come.

So far the only memento he had was the necklace with Mingi's initials that he had been given by him on their picnic date.

And now seeing Mingi had reassured him to a certain extent that he and his son would soon live a normal life.

He was anxious wondering if Mingi would really come the next day but then Mingi had never broken any of his promises till date.

The noise from the television wasn't doing anything to distract him from the thoughts of Mingi.

Yunho was sure that he'd forgotten anything and everything about work. It had been so long since he did any work.

He sighed and ate his breakfast quietly wondering when the next day would arrive. Time seemed to be going at a slower rate than usual.

But the keyword was seemed. It wasn't really moving slowly, he just wanted it to move faster.

"Papa playtime?" Yoongi's voice took Yunho out of his thoughts."What do you want to play baby?" Yunho smiled at him.

"Biking?" Yoongi jumped excitedly." Baby it's baking and it's not playing it's cooking." Yunho laughed lightly." Okay baking." Yoongi pouted.

"What do you want to make pumpkin?" Yunho asked." Uhmm muffins and cupcakes."little Yoongi smiled widely.

"But aren't muffins and cupcakes the same thing? Anyway get up so we can go bake hmm." Yunho said and Yoongi quickly ran to the kitchen.

"Apron?" Yunho asked." Catch!" Yoongi shouted and Yunho burst into laughter." Darling something is wrong today. You're supposed to say check. Check baby check." Yunho said.

"Papa I scared. Daddy will come right?" Yoongi asked. Yunho picked him and placed him on the kitchen counter.

"Baby you know that I've never talked to daddy before right?" Yunho asked gently and Yoongi nodded." But still he came right?" Yoongi nodded again.

"So he will surely come because he knows where we are right cupcake?" Yunho ruffled Yoongi's hair and he nodded." Don't worry baby. He will definitely come." Yunho hugged Yoongi.

"Okay now let's start baking my darling." Yunho placed a chair that Yoongi normally stood on whenever they baked together.

The two started baking and had fun together while Yoongi told Yunho all about how his daddy is big and strong because he held him with one hand unlike Yunho who held him with both hands

Yunho started wondering if his son was becoming obsessed with his daddy. Everytime they did something it would all come down to Yoongi talking about his daddy.

'Does daddy love it? Can I do this for daddy? Will daddy be fine with it? Won't daddy get mad at me? Daddy this daddy that.'

It was a rare sight for Yunho. Earlier on Yoongi used to ask about his daddy but never this much.

Upon seeing Yoongi act like that he was thankful that he wouldn't have to deal with a father child dispute.

Believe it or not he'd seen a lot of parents struggling to catch up on their children's life because the children were hurt and traumatized.

Before long they finished baking. And they added frosting on top of the some of the muffins." You see my darling? Cupcakes and muffins are the same thing." Yunho said.

" No Papa. Muffins are creamy and cupcakes are not." Yoongi shook his head." Okay whatever the prince of my kingdom says." Yunho smiled.

"Aren't you going to take one baby?" Yunho asked." No. I'm waiting for daddy." Yoongi smiled.

Yunho knew there was no need to try and convince him so he just nodded and smiled at him. The two took off their aprons and washed their hands before going to the sitting room.

To be continued