Chapter 1: The Avengers

Nova's outfit for this chapter:

THE AVENGERS

Nova was in the lobby of the Stark Tower, here to see her dad.  She saw a man dressed in black, he looked like some sort of agent, he kept desperately arguing with Jarvis about seeing Tony. 

"You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message." She heard her dad's voice, and rolled her eyes.

She walked up to the agent, "Hey, Are you having trouble getting in?" She said.

"Nova- Nova is that you? No! Don't!"

"Yes, I'm Phil Coulson,"

"Nova, Don't-"

"I'm Nova, I could get you in,"

"That would be much appreciated," Agent Coulson said.

~

The elevator opened, Nova and Phil walked out of it. "Phil! Come in!" Pepper said with rather too much excitement.

Tony looked at her confused, "Phil? Uh his first name is agent,"

"We need you to look this over," Phil holds out a file towards Tony, "Soon as possible."

Tony doesn't take it, "I don't like being handed things," Nova rolled her eyes again. Pepper took the file and handed it to Tony.

"Is this about The Avengers?" Pepper asked, "Which I know nothing about..."

Nova's ears perked up. She had never heard about this before. "What's The Avengers?" She inquired.

"It's an initiative that was scrapped, I didn't even qualify," Tony walked away, "Yeah, apparently I'm volatile, self-obsessed, don't play well with others."

"Well there's some degree of truth there," Nova joked, Tony shot her a death stare.

"This isn't about personality profiles anymore,"

Tony places the files into his own database. Tony expands his arms and different profiles appear in holographic form floating in the air in front of Tony and Pepper.

Screens appear of Captain America in action, the Hulk roaring as he attacks the army at Culver University, and Thor fighting the Destroyer in New Mexico. Another is of Loki and the Tesseract to which Tony and Nova look at in awe

"What is this stuff?" Nova asked.

"The Avengers initiative, it was an idea to bring together earth's mightiest heroes yada yada yada," Tony explained.

"Well that sounds cool! You were one of them?" Nova said.

"He is one of them." Agent Coulson chimed in.

"I'm taking the jet to DC tonight, you have a lot of homework," Pepper said to Tony.

"What if I didn't?"

"You mean if you finished?" Tony nods his head "Well, um...then." She whispered something in his ear. Tony gasps. Coulson and Nova look away in embarrassment.

Pepper walked over to Nova and hugged her, "Take care of him," she whispered in her ear.

"Have a safe flight." Nova said while smiling. Her and Pepper had grown close, it was important to Tony to see his only two favourite girls together. They were almost a family.

Pepper left with Agent Coulson. Tony expanded the image of the tesseract, looking at it with a worried expression. "So, You're gonna do it, right?" Nova asked.

"I don't know." Tony answered.

"You have to! You'll get a chance to help people, and you know hangout with Captain America and that guy with the hammer."

"You seem more excited about this than I do," He said.

"Um, Yeah, well, Could you take me with you?" She asked nervously. Tony looked at her blankly.

"You want me to take you to War?" He said.

"Oh come on, now don't be so dramatic!" She rolled her eyes.

"No. Absolutely not."

"Come on, Tony! I'm an adult you can't treat me like a child!"

"An adult?! You're barely 21, you can't even drink yet and you want me to take you on a battle against a literal God?" He argued.

"Well who's to say I haven't drank before?!"

"What?"

"Not the point! Let me come with you! I'll just observe from a distance."

"I'll think about it." That meant yes.