Chapter 47: Intermission

Nova's new suit:

Peter, Nat, Tony, Rhodey sat on a quinjet, on their way to the airport where they were supposed to find Steve and the rest and put an end to their plans

Nova sat in the corner, fiddling with her gloves, she was wearing a new suit that Tony made for her.

Nat was overlooking the view, she turned her gaze to Nova, who looked somber and walked over to where she was sitting, taking a seat next to her.

"How're you doing?" she asked Nova, her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

Nova slightly shrugged, "Never thought this day would come, never thought I'd have to fight my own friends." she said, not adjusting her gaze from her lap.

"Tough business to be in if you're looking for friends that'll last." Nat commented.

Nova stifled out a laugh. "Yeah." she muttered. "It's just that..." she trailed off.

"What?"

Nova looked at Nat, as if she was trying to form something into words.

"All my life, I never really knew what I wanted to do. I mean I was good at things, but nothing ever fit — I felt incomplete, like there was something missing." her gaze trailed off, "That feeling never went away, till the day I turned into—" she gestured to herself, "this. In that moment I just knew, for the first time in my life I felt complete. Like I had found something I didn't even know I was looking for. And I always wanted a family, doesn't everybody?" she let out a stifled laugh, as if she wasn't taking whatever she was saying seriously, "A place to belong, to call home. The Avengers were mine. Now it feels like it's really close to the end." she looks down at her lap and gives a fainted somber smile, then looks up at Nat, "I guess I didn't think it would come so soon."

Nat nodded slowly. Taking it all in.

"You still have most of us. And who knows, maybe the rest will come around. Something tells me this isn't the end." Nat assured.

"We're here." Tony announced from the pilot
seat.

Nova and Nat averted their eyes to him.

"I guess we'll see." Nova mumbled.