Г л а в а 13

The sun began to rise when I awoke

The sun began to rise when I awoke. Memories of last night flooded my brain, and I let out a quiet sigh. The scientist under me was still asleep, so I took this time to lean up a little and admire his features. There's no denying that he's handsome, especially with those beautiful eyes of his. There's also no denying that I've become very fond of the nerd, I could even go as far as to say he's become my best friend. Ha, and here I thought Kohaku would've taken that title.

The petrification cracks along his eyes make him even more alluring. My lips tug up into a small smile, and I have to stop myself from reaching out and stroking his face.

Senku doesn't seem like the type for romance or heavy affections. Hell, I can understand that to an extent; I've never been one for mushy stuff, and that's probably due to the trauma from my past. The only people I allowed to touch me were Nat and Tony. With anyone else, it always felt foreign and made me uncomfortable.

But with the scientist? It feels different. In his arms, I find myself feeling safe and content. It's a little terrifying. His energy is calming and grounding, like a sweet relief. Sometimes I catch myself gazing at him a little too long, admiring not only his beauty, but his mind as well. That damn brain of his is incredible. He comes off as an ass, but I know it's just a front. He truly is a good man with a heart of gold, and deeply cares for those around him. He just simply doesn't want to outright show it.

Not wanting to get up yet, I bury my face back into his neck, closing my eyes.

Am I crushing on him? God, I hope not. I've watched plenty of romance movies, but I don't know much about love; well, not romantic love. I've had familiar love with Tony and the other Avengers. Even with The Asset, we had a sibling-like relationship. But romance? No, I have zero experience, and I have a feeling Senku is the same way.

He and I are practically complete opposites. If Senku were to be romantically involved with someone, he'd probably want someone with a brain that can keep up with his, right? I'm not very book smart, I'm street-smart; battle-strategy, weaponry, etc. I'm an ex-assassin turned hero, nothing special. Not to mention, I have blood on my hands, and his are squeaky clean.

For now, I'll keep these growing feelings at bay. Our friendship is very important to me, and I wouldn't want to lose him over a stupid crush.

My arms that were around his neck slightly tightened as I pressed myself closer against him. This moment I can let myself enjoy. My nose nuzzled deeper into his neck, and I released a sigh.

I'm finally about to drift off when his voice almost startles me. "Star?"

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

With you, I am.

"Of course, Учёный."

He chuckled. "I've been meaning to ask, when we have some free time. Would you mind teaching me Russian?"