Г л а в а 45

(Third Person POV)

(Third Person POV)

Kiera and Ruri spent most of the day together; the hero assisting the priestess with hunting by doing most of the heavy lifting.

Kiera had to admit though, Ruri was practically a gorilla like Kohaku, not realizing that she was showing off her strength by carrying a deer over her shoulder like it were a pillow. Maybe she just isn't exactly into physical combat like her sister, though.

By nightfall, the two women were relaxing and chatting away in the hot springs after finally getting a way too hyper Mirai to bed.

"Do you think they're okay? I mean, you haven't heard from Senku in a while, so I'm a little worried..." The blonde says quietly.

"Nah, I'm sure they're just busy being Senku's minions." Kiera replied.

But on the inside, she was a little worried. So for peace of mind, she mentally reached out to the scientist.

'Hey dummy, how's things going on your end? Just wanna make sure you're all okay.'

Nothing.

Assuming he's preoccupied, she decided to give him a few minutes to reply.

"Kiera...?" Ruri didn't like the odd look on the hero's face. It was like the ravenette appeared nauseous.

Kiera glanced over at her, snapping out of her spacey stare. "Hm? Oh-... Yeah, no, I'm alright."

Ruri knew she was lying, but wasn't going to push it. Of course Kiera's gonna be worried, she loves Senku too much not to be. But, she also knows the hero puts the comfort of others before herself, so she maintains a calm facade for those around her.

After a few minutes pass by, Kiera tries reaching out to the nerd again. Except this time, she can't make a full connection; it's as if she's mentally run into a brick wall.

This causes her faux relaxed behavior to shatter, standing up out of the spring water so fast she almost stumbled. Her heart rate begins to pick up, and a small pit forms within her stomach.

Something's not right. This doesn't happen unless the person on the other end is in a comatose-like state, or...

No! No, I refuse to even consider that as a possibility! There's no way he's dead... The hero scolds herself.

"Kiera? What's going on?" Ruri asks, observing the females anxious behavior. But it's like Kiera isn't even hearing her at the moment, because she gets no response.

I just gotta calm down. Yeah, it's fine! Maybe he's somehow managed to block me out, figured now's not a good time for conversation.

Just gotta calm down.

Just gotta-

"Miss Stark." Came Friday's voice, causing both women to jump and look over at where Kiera's phone lay on top of her clothing beside the spring.