Г л а в а 34

(Kiera's Dream)

(Kiera's Dream)

My body feels... odd... Like I'm floating... Like there's pins and needles traveling all throughout my limbs.

The feeling is similar to the one I get when I'm teleporting. But, I'm not teleporting... I fell asleep next to Senku...

Shit, am I having another nightmare?

I muster up the courage to open my eyes, finding myself laying on top of... a lake?

This lake is so beautiful and crystal clear, that it's reflecting the night time sky that lingers above me.

Slowly, I stand up and look around; there's nothing but the water I'm somehow standing on and the starry sky, for miles. No land, trees, mountains...

Where the hell am I?

I begin walking forward, not knowing what else to do. It's so quiet, other than the small splashing sounds my feet make as I walk atop the lake.

"Kid?"

That voice... there's no way...

Spinning around so fast I stumble, I'm met with a figure standing about 20 feet away from me.

That figure was Tony.

"...Tony?"

"Hey kiddo, how's things?" His voice is casual, but the look on his face is one of sorrow.

"Tony... What the hell is going on? Is this a dream?"

He shrugs, "Possibly, who knows."

I slowly approach him, closing the distance between us. Pathetically, I reach out and poke his shoulder, which causes him to roll his eyes. "I'm not some hologram, kid. Now give me a damn hug, it's all I really want."

Throwing my arms around him, I hug him tightly. He reciprocates, holding me tightly against him as he rests his chin on my head. His hand is gently rubbing my back, and I can't help the tears that escape my eyes, rolling down my cheeks.

I'm so confused... He feels so real; he's wearing a black AC/DC shirt, black jeans, and sneakers. Hell, he even smells like that obnoxious cologne that he loves to use.

Damn, my subconscious must really be screwing with me by constructing a dream like this.

"I'm so glad you're okay, kid. We all thought the worst when we heard about what happened... I've missed you so much..."

Now I'm sobbing. This is the cruelest dream... Not even a Hydra nightmare can make me feel as depressed as I am right now.

"Tony... I-I'm so s-sorry, there's no way I c-can come home..."

"I know kiddo, it's okay." I can feel his tears lightly hitting the top of my head, "You're safe, and that's all that matters. You've got a new family now, and you have that Senku kid."