Г л а в а 6

Talking about home and showing Senku the memory of Asgard trigged some nightmares

Talking about home and showing Senku the memory of Asgard trigged some nightmares. So to say I had the worst sleep possible last night, was a fucking understatement.

I wouldn't even call them nightmares, it's just more like PTSD and bad memories; my time spent at the Hydra base, and the short period they forced me somewhere called The Red Room. Thinking about it makes me nauseous.

I'm still riddled with sleep as Senku and the others are blabbing about the Grand Bout and alcohol. God I wish I were able to get intoxicated, damn super soldier serum. That reminds me of the time Tony was having one of his usual parties, and Thor brought Asgardian mead; now that shit had me feeling something. Even Steve had some of it. Now I really want some Asgardian booze dammit.

"Star! Are you listening?" Senku snapped me out of my thoughts. He had an annoyed expression on his face.

"If you have to ask, then obviously I'm not in fact listening." I clap back. This man doesn't seem to grasp that I'm not a morning person, and it's even worse today due to my lack of sleep.

"Kiki, are you alright? You look kinda pale in the face." Kohaku asked.

"Kiki? Who the-"

I cut off Senku, pretending he wasn't looking at me. "Yeah, didn't get much sleep last night. Sorry."

"You sure you up for some sparring?" She sounded worried.

I waved her off, forcing a small smile on my face. Gotta fake it till you make it I guess. "Of course, no need to worry."

She returned the smile, although she still looked unsure.

If these damn nightmares keep up, it'll probably be the death of my sanity.

Senku snapped his head over to me, giving me a weird look. I scrunched my nose, feeling like I'm being scrutinized or something. "You good nerd?"

His brows were furrowed, and his eyes were slightly narrowed before he shrugged, flashing a smirk. "Yeah. Alright Chrome, Suika, you're with me today." He dragged the two away, leaving me with Koko and the brothers.

Sighing, I turn to Kohaku. "Where did you wanna do this?"

*****

Koko may be the only one with fighting skills. Kinro isn't too bad, definitely needs some work. He also fights like his eyesight is shit. Ginro has some strength and- no, wait, that's pretty much it. His reflexes are garbage, his speed is practically non existent, and his attacks are like that of someone who just smoked a fat bowl. I don't get paid enough for this shit.

Hold on... I'm not getting paid at all!

I cleared my throat. "Kinro, do you have bad eyesight? Cause you fight like you can barely fucking see."