Г л а в а 32

The old man was still sound asleep in the spot where I left him

Damn, wish I could sleep through a fucking explosion like that.

As the alcohol wears off more, the pain in my jaw increases. I still had the piece of fabric that I stole from Tsukasa's cloak, tied around my head.

I sit down next to Kaseki, just as someone approaches from behind me.

"You must be Kiera! Senku's told us about you, and we really wanted to meet the girl who's managed to capture our best friends attention!"

It's safe to assume this person is Taiju, considering he's right behind me and yelling as if I'm a mile away.

Kaseki jolts from his sleep, sitting up and looking around with confusion, "Who the hell is yelling?! I'm trying to take a damn nap!"

"That wakes you up but bombs going off doesn't?!"

"Bombs? What bombs? I didn't hear any explosions!" Snapped the geezer.

"Forget it gramps, doesn't matter now." I turn back and look up Taiju, "Yeah, it's finally nice to meet you."

Before I can register what's happening, the large male pulls me from the ground and into a bone-crushing hug. A petite woman with a strange headband and delicate features, is standing a couple feet away behind Taiju; she must be Yuzuriha. She gives me an apologetic look.

"Uh, Taiju, maybe be a little more gentle?" She suggests nervously.

He quickly releases me, hands on my shoulders as his dark brown eyes stare into my silver ones. "You and our Senku are very close! Are you two dating?!"

"Excuse m-"

"Big oaf, let go of my superhuman before you piss her off!" The man we're talking about calls out as he walks over to us.

'Big oaf', huh? Kinda reminds me of how I'd always call Thor 'Big guy'. In fact, Taiju gives off a very similar energy as the god.

Yuzuriha gently pushes the male away from me, "I'm sorry about him, he means well, but he can be a lot..."

"Don't worry about it, he reminds me of an old friend of mine. It's nice to meet you." I smile.

"Nice to meet you too! You're very beautiful! I can see why Senku tends to stare at you a lot." She whispered the last part as said person is now talking to Taiju right next to us.

"He-... what?"

"Oh yes, even Taiju noticed. Senku is always looking in your direction every chance he gets."

"Huh... You're not the first to tell me something like that, actually..."

"Look, if Taiju can see it, then it's very obvious that Senku loves you."