Г л а в а 33

"Holy shit, this thing is baad!" Chrome exclaims as he plays with my phone, his eyes glinting with excitement

"Ugh, Chrome, let me see it! I haven't gotten a turn with it yet!" Whined Ginro as he reaches over and tries to snag the device. The brunette shoves the blonde away by his face, not taking his eyes off the phone.

I'm sitting atop a small cliff with all the Kingdom of Science members, including Ukyo, Taiju, and Yuzuriha. All of them had many questions to ask me, obviously, so instead of repeating myself like a broken record, I decided to gather them all in one place and explain everything.

I let it all out; my powers, Hydra, the Avengers, etc. To say they were shocked was an understatement, but once that initial shock wore off, they reassured me that they think no differently of me because of my abilities.

I'm just glad none of them are afraid of me, that's all I really care about.

Ever since I showed them my cell phone, they've been fighting over it. They've looked through my pictures, videos, and when they found my music, they were all mesmerized by every song they played.

Except Gen, Taiju, Yuzuriha, and Ukyo; they simply watched our primitive friends with amusement.

Moving away from the group, I take a seat on the edge of the cliff, gazing out at the sunset; admiring the deep orange and red hues that cascaded across the sky.

Gen comes over and sits next to me. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah..."

"Mm, I'm gonna go ahead and say that's absolute bullshit. What's bothering you, Kiera-Chan?"

Looking down at my hands, I begin picking at my nails. "I don't know... I guess the whole 'being in love with Senku' thing is kinda getting at me. Before fighting Tsukasa and his people, we all had many things to occupy our time and distract us. Now that it's all over, I don't have much to do, so it's harder for me to escape my thoughts."

I was going to mention that Senku's cryo-chamber spiked my anxiety, causing me to feel uneasy all day. But something like that would make me sound pathetic, so I'll just leave that alone.

"How come you haven't told him how you feel? With the Stone War being over, now is the perfect time to do it."

"Seriously Gen? It's not that easy. Now would be an awful time; at this moment he's probably having to put Tsukasa's body in that freezer. I know he's not gonna be feeling too great after basically having to kill someone and then preserve their corpse in an oversized cooler."

"Well you're not wrong about that, so maybe don't do it today. But do it soon before he gets wrapped up in more of his crazy ideas and projects." The mentalist gives my knee a pat before standing up, "I'm going to turn in for the night. I'll take these idiots with me." He gestures back towards the group behind us, still arguing over my phone.