Г л а в а 9

Today was the Grand Bout, and I didn't want to freak out the villagers with my presence, so I stayed back at the Kingdom of Science

Out of boredom I tidied up the hut and re-organized things that were out of place. Damn this sucks.

The only thing I can think of doing to pass the time, is workout, so that's what I did. Even though I'm a super soldier, it doesn't mean I should slack off. Nat would be disappointed if she knew I've been slacking off.

After, I teleported myself to the hot springs to wash away the sweat. Although I'm pretty sure the hot springs made me sweat even more. Ah, this summer weather is brutal.

Once I'm back at the hut, I sprawl out on my nest of blankets and think of Tony and the others. I've got this really, gut wrenching feeling that I'm never going to see them again; that me coming here was a one way trip.

The reality of the situation never fully set in. The scientist has been keeping me distracted for the most part. But now that I'm alone? I'm stuck with my thoughts.

I'm never going to see them again. This is the reality I have to face.

I curl up in a ball under the blankets, hot tears begin pouring from eyes as I clench them shut. Silent sobs wrack my body. Fuck, I didn't get to say goodbye to any of them. I didn't even get to say goodbye to Tony, the man who was practically like a father to me.

I hope he knows how much I love him, and that I always appreciated him. Neither of us had ever been good with words. I can only hope that they all know that I love them very much.

Tony is probably devastated. The man never really liked whenever I went on missions. Constantly fretting that I'd get hurt, or worse. If we were on missions together, he was always somewhere close by, never letting me out of his sight.

The more I thought about it all, the harder I cried, and I was so lost within my mind that I failed to register another presence within the hut.

"Um, Miss Kiera?"

I whip my head out from under the blankets, startled. Oh, it's that Gen dude.

"Yeah?" My voice came out weaker than I'd like.

"Do you need me to uh, get Senku, or-"

I cut him off. "No, no it's fine. I'm actually gonna go down to the river." I then scramble to my feet and slip by him, leaving the hut and walking in the direction of the river. When I know I'm out of sight, I teleport myself to that rock in the middle of the water.

Laying on my side, I stare out into space, letting my mind continue to run. The tears didn't stop as the brutal reality washed over me.

Then at some point, I fell asleep curled up on the rock.

*****

Someone was shouting my name. I was too mentally exhausted to really care, and staying in this dark abyss of sleep felt nice.