Г л а в а 11

When I woke up the next morning, I had the overwhelming urge to simply pass away

When I woke up the next morning, I had the overwhelming urge to simply pass away. The damn stab wound may be healing, but it still hurt. Not only that, but I was sweating like I'm out of shape and attempted to run a marathon. I can only imagine what I look like. A hot fucking mess, probably.

Nonetheless I got up and put my shitty dress on (must've stripped it off in my sleep due to overheating), and carefully made my way down the hut ladder.

Senku, Gen, Chrome, Kohaku and a few others were vehemently discussing something, so I made my way over to them. I'm totally walking funny because of this stupid injury.

Once I reach everyone, they all look over at me. Senku was about to say something until Ginro practically tackled me. "Goddess! I'm so glad you're okay! Thank you for saving my brother!" He had me in a bear hug and was squeezing a little too tight. I'm about to push him off, when suddenly Senku of all people snatched the back of his shirt and successfully ripped him away.

"Idiot, she's still healing." The scientist sounded annoyed. Squinting my eyes at him, I carefully analyze his figure. He had bags under his eyes, and looked overall full of fatigue.

I tapped into our mental link. 'Did you not get any sleep?'

His eyes wandered over to me as Gen was saying something to him. 'No.'

'What happened?'

'Just... had some things on my mind.'

What a liar. It's fine though, I'll let it go.

"Sorry Gen, but I need to talk to the nerd real quick." Interrupting the mentalist, I dragged Senku away and into his lab.

"This better be good Star, we have to make katanas for our next confrontation with Hyoga."

"Interesting. Is that the dude who stabbed me?"

"Yes."

"Oh, nice. Anyway, you're clearly tired and need an energy boost. I can help with that."

"Look, I said I had some things on my mind-"

"Just shut up for a damn second, will ya?" Pulling him into a hug, I focus on my power. Small, gentle streams of silver emitted from me, and flowed into him. A few seconds later, I pull away, the silver streams of energy now gone.

Senku was stunned. "Did you just-"

"Give you some of my energy? Yep. You're welcome. How do you feel?"

"Ten billion percent better, I can't lie."

"Good."

"But you're a damn idiot for doing that while you're still injured." He deadpanned.

Throwing my hands up, I huff. "Fuck sake, I can't win with you!"

"Trust that you'll never win against me in a mental battle, not with your pea-brain." He snickered.