Г л а в а 21

(TW: Violence)

(TW: Violence)

"So why do I have to go with him?" I ask, gesturing at Chrome with a tilt of my head.

Senku was still upset about the whole tungsten situation, and Chrome wants to help out by going to the cave where he gets his rocks from, to collect more and see if any of them could be tungsten.

"Because, he may be stronger than me, but he has little to no combat skills. Homura is out there watching, and I'm pretty positive she won't attack, but more of Tsukasa's men could be out there as well." The scientist elaborated.

"Oh I see, I'm his body guard." Great, just what I always wanted; being a personal body guard to another nerd.

"Exactly, glad we're on the same page." Senku says.

"Alright Chrome, let's blow this popsicle stand." I say as I grab the back of his shirt and begin dragging him away. I want to get this shit over with.

*****

"Hey, I feel like we haven't really gotten to know each other yet." Chrome pipes up, breaking the silence as we're walking through the forest.

"No offense Chrome, but you seem like an open book to me. You're painfully in love with Ruri, you've loved science all of your life even though y'all called it 'sorcery', and you care about your loved ones. You're not difficult to read."

"Alright, and you're like, the total opposite. The only person you're very close to here is Senku, followed by Kohaku, Ruri, and Gen. I feel like you and Senku are keeping something from the rest of us, something that pertains to you."

"And why do you think that?"

"You have a bunch of scars all over your body, you're like 10x stronger than Magma, you practically fear nothing, and your fighting skills are ones I've never seen before, like they're otherworldly. Let's not forget that you fell out of the sky!"

Before I could answer him, we've arrived at the cave. Perfect timing if you ask me. "Oh look, we're here."

The brunette shifted his attention to the cave that stood in front of us. "Okay, let's find Senku some tungsten!" He says enthusiastically.

This makes me sigh, knowing it'll be a long day. "Do you even know what it looks like, moron?"

"Nope!"

Ugh.

*****

After a full day of collecting a bunch of boring ass rocks, it's now night time. I'm exhausted, considering I've been doing most of the physical work.

"What'll it be, Chrome? Do you wanna head back now, or should we spend the night and head back in the morning?"

"Let's head back now, it should only take a couple of hours." He says, taking the basket of rocks and throwing them onto his back. I'm kinda glad he didn't ask me to carry them, I'm way too tired.