Г л а в а 3

(Third Person POV)

(Third Person POV)

When Senku woke up the next morning, he immediately sat up and turned over to observe Kiera. He still couldn't believe laying right next to him was a person with super powers, and strong ones at that. She was laid sprawled out on her stomach, similar to how Chrome was when they came back from the river. The blanket she had was covering most of her body, minus her bare arms and shoulders.

Wait, bare? The scientist had given her his shirt last night. Off to the side above her head, lay his shirt neatly folded. He assumed she must've gotten too hot last night, waking up at some point to take it off.

His eyes trailed back over to the sleeping girl. Her features certainly stood out from everyone else here; you could tell right away she's not Japanese. Her hair was thick, wavy and blacker than the night. Her skin tan and without petrification cracks, her face sprinkled with freckles. Her physique was one of someone strong and athletic, and her eyes, those silver eyes definitely stood out. It's like they almost glowed. As he studied her, a scar on the back of her left shoulder caught his eye. Leaning over to get a better look, he saw that the scar wasn't something caused by accident; it was in the shape of a skull with octopus legs coming off of it. It was a brand. Someone had branded her.

Before his mind could come to some kind of conclusion, his train of thought was interrupted by the sound of someone climbing up the hut ladder. Pulling his eyes from Kiera's sleeping form, he glanced over his shoulder to see Chrome at the entrance of the hut, Gen standing behind him on the top step. Both quickly looked at Kiera, then back to Senku.

"My my, what a eautiful-bay specimen you've got there, Senku. When will you introduce her to us?" Gen teased, breaking the silence.

Senku rolled his eyes, standing from his "bed" and stretching. His finger found his way to his ear while his other hand rested on his hip. "Relax mentalist, her ribs are broken and she needs the sleep to heal. Let her wake up on her own."

"Broken ribs?! That's seriously bad! How the hell is she not crying right now?!" Chrome cried with surprise.

Senku slapped him upside the head. "You idiot, what did I just say? You'll wake her up."

Kiera's voice interrupted the scolding, low and soft with sleep. "No need, I've been awake for several minutes now."

All three boys heads snapped down to where she lay. The female huffed in annoyance before she rolled over, making sure to keep the blanket wrapped around her figure, sitting up. Knowing they're about to apologize, she waved them off. "It's fine, don't worry about it." She crackled her knuckles tiredly, waiting for the fog of sleep to completely disappear from her mind. Looking at the three males, she gave them a tired smile, her attempt at being friendly first thing in the morning. Kiera was not a morning person.

(Kiera's POV)

My power picked up on two unfamiliar energies entering the hut; that's what woke me up. I got sick of listening to their bickering though and let them know I was awake.