Г л а в а 41

After the hot springs, now back in the tent, Senku hands me my phone

After the hot springs, now back in the tent, Senku hands me my phone. "It's dead, but I figured you'd want to listen to the other message you got from Clint..."

Oh right, the video of Tony that he sent... Oh boy...

Taking the phone and pushing a little of my energy into it, the device turns on. I'm still for a moment, just staring at the Lock Screen, mustering up some courage.

"Did you-... Did you watch it already? Before the phone died, I mean." I look up at Senku.

He shakes his head, "Nah, I'm not gonna listen to it without you, Star."

Taking a seat on my blankets, I slowly unlock the phone with one hand, bringing the other up to my mouth, nervously biting my thumb nail.

The scientist sits next to me, throwing his arm around my shoulder and pulling me into him. "It's okay, this time you've got me, I'm not gonna let you go berserk again."

I nod, still chewing at my thumb. He notices this and grabs my hand, pulling it away from my mouth. "I'm serious, it's alright." He didn't let go of that hand.

Not saying a word, I go into my messages, clicking on Clint's specifically. I tap the video under the dreaded voice message, and press play; Tony's voice flooded my ears.

"Hey kiddo..." His dark eyes looked sad, bags underneath them. His face held an expression that was not only tired, but defeated. The billionaire was absentmindedly fidgeting with a pen while he spoke, "A lot has happened since you disappeared. I hope that wherever you are, you're safe... In about an hour or so, the team and I will be fighting a fight that we might not come out of. I'll catch you up with everything that's happened... Uhh, the Avengers had a falling out of sorts... Due to our fight with Ultron and basically trashing Sokovia, the government wasn't happy. Wanted to control us, and half of us agreed, the other half didn't. Ya know that Winter Soldier you worked with at Hydra? Turns out he's Steve's long lost friend, James Barnes, who just so happened to be the cause of my parents death by the way. Still not entirely over that... Steve also figured out that Hydra had infiltrated SHIELD long ago, heard that was an absolute mess... Oh, remember that vision I had a long time ago during that Hydra mission? Well kid, it's come true. A mad titan named Thanos was able to successfully snap away half the universe out of existence with these special stones, scattering them into ash, or so we thought. Turns out he sent half the universe into the quantum realm... After that happened, Pep and I got a little cabin on a lake, had a daughter... Yep, you're an older sibling, kid... Anyway, five years later and Steve approaches me with the insane idea of time travel. Well it's not that insane anymore, considering I figured it out, using Pym particles. So... Those of us who survived the snap, we're gonna go back in time and collect all of those stones that Thanos used, and we're gonna snap everyone back. I know it'll work, but... I've got a feeling not all of us are surviving this. By the way-" He leans to the side of the camera, grabbing something. Tony then holds up some type of paperwork, before plopping it in front of him. "-You're officially a Stark, kid. I was finally able to adopt you, and even though you're not here... You're mine. You're my kid-"