Г л а в а 8

(Kiera's Memory)

(Kiera's Memory)

Me, Nat, Steve, and a few agents from SHIELD were all in a Quinjet making our way to a supposed Hydra base within the mountains of Russia. Tony had called me and I put him on speaker phone; he's like a nagging mom, worried about me.

"Kid, are you sure about this? I mean this is Hydra we're talking about. Walking into one of their bases is bound to give you PTSD. I think you should stay on the jet with the pilot. Whose bright idea was this anyway-"

"Tony, she's fine. She's been briefed about the mission, so she knows the risks. Plus she's learned from the best." Nat was talking about her and Steve.

"Oh yeah, the best; an ex-assassin and America's walking Barbie doll!"

Nat rolled her eyes as Steve looked up from the floor, an offended expression on his face.

I spoke up. "Tony, please trust that I'll be alright! This isn't my first mission!"

"Yeah, it's your first Hydra mission Kiddo. You know, the organization that captured you and tortured the hell out of you?"

"How the hell can I forget? But I gotta move on Tony, I can't let my trauma run my fucking life!"

"Language!" Steve butted in. I simply shot him a glare.

The pilot spoke. "We're here. I brought the jet above the area about half mile out. Sorry I can't get you guys closer, I just can't risk it."

"Not a problem. Let's go team." Steve said as the back of the jet began to open. Natasha grabbed a parachute as Steve strapped his shield to his back.

"Gotta go Tony, love you! Talk to you later!" I said, hanging up on him.

Nat gave a tiny smirk at my antics, she nudged my shoulder with hers. "You gonna use a parachute this time?"

Strolling over and standing next to Steve on the edge of the ramp, I laugh. "Nat, you should know me by now. What the fuck is a parachute?" I tease, turning to Steve.

One of the shield agents looked over at me, arms crossed. "Miss, you should really use a parachute."

"And you should really kiss my ass! Let's go Spangles!" With that I jump out of the Quinjet, Steve right behind me.

"You know you really sound like Tony sometimes, it's creepy!" He shouted over the rush of wind as we free fall toward the forest below.

I flip him off.

"Real mature!"

Before I could hit the ground, I use my power to soften my landing, a cloud of silver surrounding my feet. Steve lands on his feet, and a few minutes later Natasha joins us, discarding her parachute. We checked to make sure our coms worked before trudging off into the forest towards the base.