Г л а в а 39

"Senku!" Gen cried as he and the others ran over to where the scientist and Kiera were

Ukyo and Kohaku followed, Koko falling to her knees in shock as she stared at Kiera's lifeless body. "Oh God..."

The archer gripped Senku's shoulders, "Senku, lay her down. We can still do CPR."

It's like the scientist wasn't hearing him, so Ukyo slapped him across the face. Hard.

"Senku, let her go! You're the smartest person here, you need to snap out of it if you want to save her! Now lay her down, dammit!"

This jarred him out of his frozen state.

He says nothing as he quickly repositions the superhuman from his arms, laying her down on the glassy sand.

Ukyo looks over at Kohaku, "Grab him and hold him back-" His head motioning in Senku's direction, "-He's not gonna like this..."

The blonde hurries behind the scientist, startling him when she throws her arms around his torso and drags him back.

Ukyo waves over Magma, who then kneels down next him, beside Kiera's body.

"Magma, I need you to administer chest compressions-" He grabs the males hands and positions them in the right spot on her chest. "-Press down, one after another, thirty times. Don't be afraid to go hard, if you break her ribs, don't stop. You got that?"

"Yeah, got it. Alright Tiny, I'm gonna help you, okay?"

"When you get to thirty, let me know."

Magma nods and begins the chest compressions. Once he gets to thirty, Ukyo tilts the females head back and takes a deep breath, leaning down and pressing his lips to hers, blowing air into her lungs. He does it a second time before telling Magma to start compressions again.

While this is happening, Chrome and Kaseki (Chrome dragging the old man), come running over. The two primitive males are confused as to what's happening, so Gen explains what's going on.

A cracking noise interrupts their hushed conversation; Magma's broken some of her ribs.

The scientist, still stuck in Kohaku's grasp, recoils at the sound.

"Come on, Kiera-Chan, come on!" Hissed Gen, his eyes glossy with tears.

"Come on Star... Come back to me... Please, don't leave me..." Senku whispered so quietly, only Kohaku had heard him. Her heart aches for the poor man, causing her to cry even harder.

Ukyo gives her another set of breaths, and after the second one, the female sharply inhales, followed by coughing.

Senku has never felt so relieved, his tense muscles relaxing straight away.

"Oh my God..." Kohaku whimpers, "She's alive..."

Kiera is breathing, but she doesn't open her eyes.