Г л а в а 2

Senku brought me to a decent sized river

Senku brought me to a decent sized river. I swear with each step we walked here, the serum continued to crank up the heat. It's like I'm hanging out in satans ass-crack. Doesn't help that our entire stroll was filled with silence. I would've called it an awkward silence if I wasn't too distracted by the way my body felt like a mini sun.

"Alright, here's the river like you asked. Time to answer some questions."

Wow, he doesn't beat around the bush, does he?

"Fine, but I'm gonna need you to briefly turn around so I can take my damn clothes off." I huff with an eye roll.

Now it's his turn to roll his eyes. "In this stone world, no one cares if you're naked with your ass hanging out. It's not exactly a priority."

"Well I'm not from this world, or this universe, so I care. Turn around. Please and thanks!" I sass.

He mumbles something under his breath as he turns around, hands on his hips. With this I quickly unzip my body suit, folding it haphazardly and tossing it on the ground before slinking my way into the river. Once I'm deep enough to be covered, I let him know he's good to turn back around. God this cold water feels amazing; any normal person would've been shivering by now, but I was sighing with sweet relief.

"So, Kiera Stronghold, is it? In your universe, where are you from? And don't say Earth, I'm catching on to your smartass remarks."

"Uh, okay king of sass. I was born, I think, in Italy. Got captured by a fucked up organization as a kid. Not gonna get into that part because no offense, I don't trust you enough. Let's see, after some time spent with said organization, I was rescued by a group called the Avengers, and they became like my family."

"Listen, I know you're leaving out some details because you're wary, but I promise I am no threat to you. I need to know a little more to get the gist of the situation." His finger was in his ear again. What's up with that?

"Senku, how can I know I can trust you?"

"You ten billion percent can trust me."

"Oh wow, I'm totally convinced! Not!"

"Look, I swear on my love for science that you can trust me, science doesn't lie." Jeez, what a nerd.

I stare into his beautiful eyes to try and get a read on him. Although they glint with curiosity and possibly some insanity, there's a completely sincere emotion there. Sure I could use my telepathy on him, but I've always restrained myself with that part of my power for the sake of others privacy.

My shoulders slouch as I look down at the water, feeling somewhat defeated. He's being honest, and I don't need my telepathy to be able to tell. Senku and these villagers never really seemed like a threat, maybe I should give him a chance. What do I have to lose anyway? I'm stuck here with them, might as well get comfortable.