Г л а в а 31

"Little lass

"Little lass..."

I lift my head from my knees and look beside me to see Kaseki taking a seat.

"Hey old man..."

"What's wrong? I figured you'd be a little more happy that this whole Stone War is over."

"I'm definitely glad it's over... Also, are you not afraid of me?"

"You mean your powers? No my dear, I'm not afraid. I always figured there was something different about you, something that you were hiding. Don't worry, I think your powers are beautiful and badass." He chuckles.

I can't stop the tiny, genuine smile that spreads across my face at his words. I've grown rather fond of him.

"Now lass, don't try to change the subject. What's got you so down?"

Sighing, I go back to resting my chin on my knees, staring ahead at the scene before me. Tsukasa and his sister are chatting up a storm, Hyoga oddly hovering around the two of them. Something about his body language and the way he's acting, seems a bit strange to me.

Senku and everyone else are making a large bon fire considering it's night time now. The scientist adds an arm full of sticks to the big pile they're all accumulating. He then stands straight up and looks around, searching for something; searching for someone. His ruby reds lock onto my eyes, a look of confusion dances across his face. He begins making his way towards me, but is stopped by Gen who's asking him something.

"See, what did I tell ya? That boy is always looking around for you." Says the old man.

"Yeah, I guess you were right... As for what's wrong... Well I almost murdered a man without hesitation because he threatened to kill the one that I love, that's what's wrong. Pops, I never did tell you about my past..."

"Well we have all night little wolf, nothing of importance is happening right now. You can tell me if ya don't mind."

I'm gonna need some mead for this...

*****

I teleported back to Senku and I's hut and grabbed the large bottle of mead from my backpack, then teleported back to Kaseki.

I placed the bottle between us and playfully nudged his arm with my elbow.

"Oh my, is this the booze you were talking about? The bottle is crafted so beautifully too."

"Take only a few sips, gramps. Leave some time in between the sips, or else you'll be blackout drunk before you know it. This shit is no joke."

I uncap the bottle for him and he takes a small swig. His eyes widened for a moment, before a mischievous glint can be seen within them. "Incredible..." He whispers, handing it to me.

I nod in agreement and slug back a large sip, putting the cap back on afterwards. "Alright old man, talking about this shit isn't very fun for me, but you deserve to know... When I was a little kid, I was taken by an organization that was evil incarnate, all because of my powers. They tortured me; mental and physical abuse all around. Anything horrid you can think of, they probably did it to me."