Г л а в а 16

Morning came and we all went back to working on repairing the village

Morning came and we all went back to working on repairing the village. If I could use my powers, this process would go much faster.

I did end up having a couple nightmares last night, but they didn't seem to wake Ruri and Kohaku. Let's just say, I didn't sleep after that, so I'm sure the bags under my eyes look gross.

Gen told me he informed Senku about Homura, and he said that as long as she stays where she is and keeps her distance, we can just ignore her for now.

As I'm working on the lab with Gen and Chrome (Ginro disappeared somewhere, that lazy little shit), I hear "Magma, don't!" I think that was Kinro.

Heavy footsteps approach me from behind. I stop what I'm doing and turn around, coming face to face with Magma.

Literally, this man's face was inches from mine. Leaning away, I raise a brow. "Uh, what can I do for you, big guy?"

"Words been spreading that you're the strongest around here, even stronger than me. So of course I came to find out myself if that was true." He seemed so serious, it was almost comical, and I had to hold back a laugh.

"So, what, you're challenging me to a fight?"

"Exactly."

"Yeah, no thanks, I'll pass. Not really in the mood today." I reply dryly. Seriously, I'm not in the mood for much of anything today; I'm tired, and the only person I completely trust here, isn't speaking to me.

Apparently Magma doesn't take no for answer, considering his fist is now flying at my fucking face.

In a split second, I'm able to avoid his attack, tilting my head slightly to the side, allowing his fist to fly past me.

"Oh? Is it my turn?" I ask sarcastically.

"You little bit-"

He couldn't finish his sentence due to my fist colliding with his abdomen, which caused him to double over and fall to his knees, gasping for air.

"Sorry, what was that?" I ask, tauntingly leaning downward and cupping my ear.

"W-what... are you?" He groaned before passing out.

"Kiera-Chan, don't you think you should've held back a bit?" Gen asked, now standing beside me.

Shrugging, I huff. "Hey, he started it. I simply finished it. Also, I told him I wasn't interested. Either way, he got what he wanted."

Gen sighed. "I suppose you're right. Who knows how he'll act once he wakes up, though."

"Who cares."

"You're not afraid of much, are you, Kiera-Chan?"

"I wouldn't say that. But, when it comes to my safety or life being threatened, I don't really give a shit."