Г л а в а 38

Building the ship has been such a pain in the ass

Building the ship has been such a pain in the ass. Ryusui and the nerd has us all pulling almost twelve hour days, even I'm exhausted.

Working with these meathead men doesn't help, either. They all look at me like I'm either a threat to their masculinity, a piece of meat, or they're terrified. Thankfully, Taiju, Magma, and Koko are apart of the gorilla team, so we all get to work together.

When noontime rolled around, everyone scattered like ants, in a desperate rush to take a lunch break.

I've decided to walk along the beach for my break after inhaling a cup of ramen, Тень padding beside me.

The sound of the waves are so calming and therapeutic-

"Hey Kiera-Chan!~"

Oh come on, it's like these assholes know when I'm trying to take a peaceful moment to myself; oH, kIeRa Is ReLaXiNg? LeTs FuCk ThAt Up ReAl QuIcK!

Soon enough, Chrome and the mentalist are flanking each side of me; Gen to my left, Chrome to the right.

This makes me think of that song 'Stuck in The Middle With You', specifically the part where it goes 'clowns to the left of me, jokers to my right', and I can't help but snort quietly to myself.

"Why are y'all here? Aren't you guys supposed to be helping Senku with some mining bullshit or whatever?"

"Oh, we've moved on from that. He's assigned other people to take over that job. Now he's making cameras in order to look for oil. Did I mention he's built a tiny boat?" Chrome yaps enthusiastically, so much so, that I want to jump off a cliff.

"Yeah yeah, I get it. I know you two want something, so spit it out already!" I snap.

"Wow, you know us so well, Kiera-Chan. I came here to harass you about Senku and yours relationship that seems to be getting absolutely no where, because a certain someone is too scared to confess." Gen teases.

"Uh, I just came along because I want to listen to more music..." Chrome adds shyly.

Stopping in my tracks, a sigh escapes my lips as I reach down and take my cell phone from my boot, handing it to Chrome. Happily, he begins tapping away on it.

Turning to the mentalist with my hands on my hips, "Why do you feel the need to meddle with me and the nerds friendship? What we've got now is just fine, I'm not ready to lose him over stupid emotions."

"They're not stupid emotions. A crush is one thing, but my dear, you're in love with him-"

"HA, I KNEW IT!" The brunette nerd interrupts, never looking away from the phone. Gen and I glare at him for a moment before glancing back at each other.

"As I was saying, you're in love with him, that changes everything. You really should talk to him, Kiera-Chan."

"Look, I appreciate your help Gen, but... He's already got so much on his plate; a massive ship, a little boat, a hot air balloon, gotta find oil, and now cameras? Yeah, this moment really doesn't seem like the best time for a love confession."