Г л а в а 14

(TW: Violence and Trauma)(Senku will be experiencing one of Kiera's nightmares, which are memories of her times with Hydra)

(Senku will be experiencing one of Kiera's nightmares, which are memories of her times with Hydra)

(Third person POV)

The scientist had fallen asleep shortly after Kiera, but why did he feel strange? As if something was off. His eyes snap open, and he finds himself in a room, no, a cell. It wasn't like a cell in a prison, more like a cell you'd find at a psychiatric institution.

It was dark, pitch black throughout the room. For some reason, his eyes wouldn't adjust.

From somewhere to his right, the sound of locks being undone could be heard, followed by a door opening. Lights within the cell turned on, illuminating the room brightly.

Senku took in his surroundings quickly, noticing a small desk to his left, and a tiny cot in the far left corner on the other side of the room. There on the cot lay a tiny body, curled up in a fetal position, back facing him.

A tall figure strolls through the door, heavy boots echoing around the room. Senku could make out a familiar symbol on the left arm of the figures uniform. This man was a Hydra member, and he looked like a soldier.

The soldier stopped a couple feet away from the cot. "Вставай, оружие." (Get up, weapon.) His voice was deep and threatening. Senku knew Russian was being spoken, but unfortunately he didn't know what was said.

The tiny figure shot up, sitting ramrod straight before shifting to stand from the bed and face the soldier. It was a young girl, probably no older than 12. Her feet were bare, and all she had to wear was an oversized t-shirt that looked as if it's seen better days. She had disheveled black hair, dark as night. Her skin was tan, but looked pale as well, and a black collar with a blinking red light was around her neck. The girl had bags under her eyes. Her eyes... They were a striking, familiar silver.

Senku then knew that he was trapped in Kiera's mind, and she was having a nightmare. Except the nightmare was obviously a memory, and the scientist was simply a helpless onlooker. His blood ran cold at this realization.

"У тебя есть пять минут, чтобы одеться. Вы и The Asset отправитесь на миссию. Из-за вашего вчерашнего дерзкого поведения вы не получите еды сегодня." (You have five minutes to get dressed. You and The Asset will be heading out on a mission. Due to your defiant behavior yesterday, you will receive no food today.) The soldier said. With that, he turned around and walked out, shutting the door and re-locking it; he remained standing outside, waiting.

Senku watched as Kiera hurried over to the desk, opening one of the drawers and pulling out clothes. At this point, he decided to turn away from her as she got dressed.

Within three minutes (he counted) she was done and strolling up to the door, knocking on it once. She had on a black, baggy jumpsuit with the same symbol on its shoulder, combat boots, and her hair was pulled into a high pony. It un-locked and her arm was roughly grabbed by the same soldier, pulling her out of the room.