Г л а в а 23

I'm sitting on top of the hut, eating some of the weird knock-off ramen for lunch, my back facing the Kingdom of Science

It's been about almost a week, and I'm feeling much better. Sometimes I'll sneak away when no one's looking, and practice with my powers since I've been on bed rest for too long. I've even been working out, sticking to Natasha's routine that she'd usually have me do.

Senku has yelled at me several times now not to sit up here. He's still treating me like I'm made of glass, and it's starting to get annoying.

"Kiera-Chan!"

I look down to my left to see Gen staring up at me.

"What is it mentalist?"

"You're really starting to sound like Senku sometimes, you know?"

"Get to the point, Gen. I'm not really in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment."

"Something the matter?"

I wave him off, "Just get your ass up here."

The two-toned haired male begins making his way up, struggling midway through. I reach my arm down toward him and he grasps onto it like a life-line. With ease, I lift him up and over the edge of the roof.

"I don't think I'll ever get over how strong you are." He states.

Ignoring him, I continue slurping on these bitter ass noodles, which causes him to sigh.

"Seriously Kiera-Chan, what's going on?"

Deciding to fuck with him, I turn towards Gen with faux anger filled eyes and a pout on my lips. "I can't see my forehead." I quote Patrick from that one SpongeBob episode.

A grin slowly spreads across his lips, as he suddenly bursts out laughing, me joining in.

Us cackling like hyenas and me almost falling off the roof, catches a certain scientist's attention. "Oi, be careful moron!" He calls out from somewhere.

My only response is to flip him off, my laughter dying out immediately due to his scolding.

Gen looks back and forth between Senku and I, his face full of confusion. "Something happen between you two?"

"No, not exactly. Ever since I got hurt, he's been treating me like I'm gonna fall apart at any given moment. I'm basically healed, he doesn't need to ride my ass about it anymore."

"Kiera dear, when we found you in the woods in that state, he looked like he was gonna have a stroke."

I snort, "Well I can image all that blood is a little frightening to most."

"No hun, it takes a lot to freak Senku out. It's because it was your blood, and you were lying in it almost lifeless. Do you know what he did when you passed out for those few days? He didn't sleep, and he barely left your side. If he worked on the cell phone, he always had someone go in the hut and sit by you. He constantly checked on your wounds, cleaning them each night. That man was very afraid to lose you, and I can imagine he still is now; that experience scared him really good. So, do go easy on him, okay?"