Г л а в а 27

Kohaku and the others were pretty pissed when Senku decided to drop the bomb about how another cell phone needed to be made in order for the plan to work

A couple more weeks went by, and the other cell phone was done.

Gen, Chrome, and Senku devised an 'evil' plan that's sure to 'send them to hell' because of it. We're basically gonna have Gen pretend that he's some celebrity, even though said celebrity is long dead, and try to con people on Tsukasa's side by using her voice.

That part of the plan isn't bothering me as much as the part where Chrome, Gen, and Magma have to cross into enemy territory in order to plant the other cell phone there.

You've got two dudes who can't fight or defend worth shit, and one who lacks too much brain. Magma may be strong, but if something happens, I highly doubt he'll be able to protect himself AND two other people.

Kohaku is going to be responsible for catching Homura, which I was totally against because I wanted to be the one to hunt the little bitch down after what she did to me.

"And how come I'm not the one going after her?" I turn to Senku, raising an eyebrow.

"Something's telling me not to let you do it. I know she's an enemy, but you're quite defensive and negative when it comes to her." He deadpanned.

Oh, right.. Senku has no idea about the fact that she's the one who tried using me as a pincushion and poisoned me. I never did tell him, because in the moment it didn't seem like it mattered, considering I was in such a rough state.

I look over to Kohaku who seems to be mentally preparing herself to go after the pink girl.

Shuffling closer to the blonde, I lean in and whisper, "Don't be too gentle with her, she's very sly, and whatever weapons she has on her might be covered in nightshade, so don't let her even cut you."

"Wait a second, so she's the one who-"

"Yeah, so don't fuck up, alright? I don't need you dying, Koko." I pat her shoulder, not missing how her eyes darkened slightly as she grips the handle of the katana hanging at her waist.

As I'm about to turn back to Senku, I'm hit with his thoughts, loud and clear:

'How could I be such a moron? How did I not realize that Homura was the one to hurt Star... She hurt my Star, and here I've been the past couple of weeks trying to be peaceful towards the girl...'

This was so loud and full of such venom that I practically stumbled back into Kohaku.

Hold on, HIS Star?

Did he just-

A hand on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Kiki, are you alright?"