Г л а в а 18

"We're gonna make a cellphone

"We're gonna make a cellphone." Senku confidently declared to the crowd full of villagers, Gen and I standing more towards the back. The scientist had requested that everyone gather around for announcement.

Gen sputtered, utterly surprised. "I'm sorry, did he just say a cell phone?! Eriously-say?!" Dude looked like he was gonna pass away.

"Calm down." I mummer, making eye contact with Senku, tapping into his head. 'The hell do you mean a cell phone?'

'It won't be a smart phone, obviously.' He slightly smirked as Kohaku started asking him questions.

'No shit Sherlock. How come you don't just take my smart phone and like, I don't know, reverse-engineer that shit in order to produce more?'

His eyes shifted from Koko (who looked absolutely lost) to me, sincerity flashing within them. 'Well for starters, it'd be a much longer process to do that. Second, that phone is all you have left of your old world; all those pictures, videos, music, movies... I couldn't do that to you.'

My eyes narrowed playfully. 'Aw, you really are such a big softie. I appreciate it.'

'Uh-huh, whatever. Considering you suck at science, you should probably help out the other hunters with gathering more food and supplies.'

'Ouch, you wound me. Here I thought I could help you today.'

'Unless your brute strength is needed, no, absolutely not.'

'Alright, but I will be tapping into your mind throughout the day to go over some Russian.'

'Fine by me, no problem at all.'

*****

Currently I'm with Ruri and Kohaku gathering herbs within the forest. Other villagers are scattered about around us.

"So Kiera, I heard that you and Senku snuck off somewhere, yesterday." Koko states as she plucks some mushrooms, tossing them in a basket. Ruri giggles at this.

"Oh please, don't even start. I have enough teasing to deal with from Gen. I really don't need it from you two."

"He's totally enamored with you, Kiera." Ruri says.

"Absolutely not, he's enamored by my brute strength and fighting skills, that's about it. I'm just a strong asset." I argued.

Asset...

The Asset...

My mind began to wander back to my time with Hydra and The Asset. Ruri was saying something, but it's like I couldn't really hear her.

A tall, muscular figure was walking towards me, and all I saw was him... The Asset.

My body went rigid, my heart rate speeding up and my breathing became shaky.