Г л а в а 36

Over the next few days, I've gotten myself into a simple routine all while evading Senku; wherever he was, I made sure I wasn't there

The first day, Тень was doing a little better so I immediately began training him with Russian commands. After that I went hunting, and helped Kaseki with some things.

The second day, more training with Тень, and if anyone needed assistance with anything, I was happy to help.

The third day, after training, I gathered more materials for Yuzuriha. She informed me that Senku not only had been asking people where I've been, but that he seems unlike himself lately; snappy, impatient, and very tired. This had me feeling a bit guilty, but he shouldn't have snapped at me in the first place...

The fourth day, I bumped into Kohaku and received an ear full from her. She went off about how the scientist has been acting, claiming she knows that it has to do with me, and that I need to 'fix the damn situation and kiss him already' before she ends up strangling him.

The fifth day, today, my streak of successfully avoiding Senku, ended.

I had just got back from hunting, strolling out of the forest with Тень trotting beside me. I've been getting nightmares every night, so I'm in a bit of a rough state due to lack of sleep. This means I didn't notice the scientist who was stood outside of Taiju's tent that's next to Yuzuriha's.

As I walk by, he calls out to me, "Oi, moron.. I need you to do something for me."

Hold up, does he really expect me to just drop everything and do whatever he says? That's funny.

Stopping in my tracks, I turn to face him, and almost physically recoiled at the mere sight of this man; his hair was disheveled and dull, his eyes didn't possess their usual sparkle, and the bags underneath them were so dark, they looked like black, smeared eyeshadow.

Dear God, what the hell? I'm sure I don't look much better, but jeez he is in really tough shape.

Instantly I'm filled with guilt. Maybe I shouldn't have been avoiding him for so long...

Breaking eye contact, I look off to the side and at the ground, clenching my jaw as I fight back tears. "What is it...?" I ask softly.

"Star... Please look at me..."

Hesitantly, I glance over at him to see his distraught expression.

Senku carefully walks over to me, as if he's afraid I'll run away. I suppose that's fair, considering I've been avoiding him for almost a week.

With zero hesitation, he reaches out and pulls me into a hug, squeezing me tightly against him. "I'm sorry..."

I return the embrace, burying my face into his chest. Having Senku close to me again feels like such a relief. "It's okay... But... Why were you frustrated in the first place?"