Raining Food May Be Our Doom?!

Ah, time for the more chill adventures. The fun filler type ones that'll allow Linwan to grow! This'll take about three more chapters so, if you don't want the more chill chapters, I'll give what Linwan learned at the end of the next few. If you want to read that, then go ahead and continue!

》* • ˚ ˛ * 。 • ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚* 。 • ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚* 。 • ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽The Wilds ☽ .* :☆゚. ───

With Pigsy now healed up, Linwan found herself able to actually slow down and focus back on herself. Her first order of business was a bath, not a shower but a full on spa type of bath, and the second... "Mac." "Yeah?" "Can you transform into things?" "What?" The girl held up MK's book about Wukong and tapped a page that featured several animals on it. "I'm going through this and comparing the abilities in it to yours. They're not one-to-one, but a bunch are similar." She went back to looking at the book, placing it in her lap. "You both can do clones, you travel in portals and him on a cloud, the eyes of truth and your ears-" She paused when she heard her mentor grumble about the book, but it ended in a defeated sigh. "Yeah, I can transform into things." "Could you teach me?" "What? Before you even have the giant avatar down?" Her eyes strayed from the page and she held a finger up. "Think about it. Animals are much smaller than that avatar. Working smaller has always worked better in training. Plus, if I can learn to do it, I can get bigger until I can get a handle on something bigger than myself." A small hum came from Macaque as he thought. "You did say it was harder due to just how big the avatar is compared to yourself." She nodded in agreement. "Exactly!" He snickered. "Alright then. You've convinced me." She had a small celebration by jumping around, then sent the book into a smaller portal before she gave him all of her attention. At this moment, she definitely lived up to her nickname with those bright eyes of hers staring at him intently. That made him actually laugh a bit before starting.

It had been hours since they started learning how to transform into other creatures and Linwan seemed to be finding it fun to do the smaller mammals such as cats and rabbits. Now though, Macaque wanted her to be a bird. She had the legs down but... wings were hard, to say the least. It had been her seventh attempt and she could still only really get the legs or feathers correct. A small sigh came from the girl as she managed to get herself back to normal. "Birds are hard." Upon not receiving a word from her mentor, she laid her back against his and pretended to chirp like a bird. That got a snicker out of him. "Ah, so you are listening. And here I began to wonder if the six-eared Macaque was getting too old to-" She froze when her phone went off then she huffed. "Ruined my joke..." A small "ha" came from the monkey as she got up and went over to her stuff, getting the device out. "Oh, boss man is calling?" "Uh, Pigsy, right?" "Yep!" She answered the call. "Hey I-" "Kid, there's an issue in the city." "An issue? Uh... What kid of issue?" "The falling food type." "Oh." She deadpanned. "Dropping food isn't-" "No, no, falling from the sky." "What do you mean?" She paused as Macaque gently nudged her. "Hm?" She looked at him then at what he nodded his head towards: the dumpling falling from the sky. That made the girl start choking on air out of surprise. 'Kid, you okay?" She was sure she heard it from two different voices, which Pigsy confirmed moments later. "Who are you with right now?" "H-huh?" She looked at her phone then at Macaque, then back and forth. "Just a friend of mine. I've been trying to make new friends." She easily lied through her teeth then cringed at the idea of how easy it was to do that. "I gotta go Pigsy. I'll get there soon, okay, bye!" "Kid, wai-" She hung up then let her shoulders and head drop a bit when she sighed. "I thought you told them, kid." Linwan shook her head slowly. "Only Sandy knows right now. I... I'll tell them soon. I, uh, actually have a day picked out." She looked back at Macaque and saw his slightly worried expression before he forced it into that gentle smile that usually made her relax. "Yeah, I get it kid. Anyway, you should worry about that food problem. We can focus on that day when you get back, alright?" "Yeah..." She had deflated before thinking it over and sounding happier with the idea of planning it out with Macaque. "Yeah!" He chuckled and ruffled her hair, happy that she perked up at the simple idea. "Good, now go handle what I'm assuming is Celestial food." "Celestial? Why would it be-? Never mind, I don't even wanna know." She left through a portal and he crossed his arms as he glared at the sky. "What are you doing now Wukong?..."