𝟐𝟑

Cupid walked, her head feeling heavy.

Alistair was by her side, walking along with her. Cupid stared forwards, her cheeks red, her face blank. Alistair's head turned to the direction of the fair. The fair had closed, everyone had already gone back, the atmosphere dead already. He turned and smiled at Cupid, "You never got that hotdog, too bad it's sold out a few hours ago." Cupid shook her head. 

"It's nothing," she answered quietly. 

Alistair nodded.

The night air was crisp, the wind flowing strongly.

They arrived in front of the building.

Cupid continued walking. Alistair stopped, getting left behind. He stared up at the sky. Cupid noticed, she looked behind. "What are you doing?"

Alistair shook his head, "There's no stars, no moon tonight."

Cupid looked at the sky. "It's about to rain," she said after a second.

A drop of water landed on her cheek.

Cupid felt the water roll down her face, it felt like she was crying again, but her puffy eyes were already dry. She lifted her hand to wipe it away. "Let's go inside, it's starting to rain." Alistair didn't respond, still looking up at the sky. Another drop fell, and another, and another. Rain started pouring. Alistair let out a small laugh. "You're right, it is raining!" The drizzle started pouring heavier in only a few seconds. Cupid let out a yelp, her hair started to get wet by the rain. She quickly ran inside, but the rain already got to her. Her clothes were already quite wet, her hair already sticking to her face. She groaned.

Alistair laughed louder.

Cupid turned around. Alistair was still outside, standing in the rain, welcoming it with both of his arms open to the sky. A lightning flashed, and thunder boomed. Cupid jumped at the noise, covering her ears instinctively. "Alistair! Get inside!" she yelled out. Alistair threw his head back, closing his eyes. "Cupid, come out!"

Cupid crossed her arms. "Are you crazy?" She took a few steps forward, almost stepping into the rain. She looked down at her favourite shoes, wet also. Just her luck. Cupid turned her attention back to Alistair. She put a hand on her temple, frustrated. "See? I'm wet because of you!" she gestured to herself. Alistair opened his eyes, turning his body into Cupid's direction. He put his arms down, "Then why not make the best of it and come into the rain?"

She let out a stressed huff. Alistair ran to Cupid, stopping right in front of her, his body still in the rain. Cupid leaned her body on the wall beside her, her arms crossed. Her face was unamused, annoyed. "Alistair, I've had a bad day," she said softly as she sighed, looking tired, "And we have class tomorrow. I just want to go to the room-"

"Do you want to run away with me?"

Cupid stopped.

Her lips parted, the words on her mind gone. Alistair took a step forward, his body almost touching Cupid's. He was now covered by the roof. "Just for the night," he whispered to her, "For now, at least." Cupid looked into his eyes, dropping her arms to her side. Alistair gave her a soft smile, he glanced at the rain outside. "The night's still young," he chuckled, "Let's have fun, just the two of us. Turn this night upside down." He looked at Cupid with a sparkle in his eyes.

Cupid felt her hardened heart melt. She looked down, staying silent for a while.

"...Where will we go?" she asked quietly.

Alistair's smile widened. He shrugged. "Anywhere," he replied. Cupid nodded slowly, she cleared her throat.

"What, you want to go get a latte or something? Hocus Latte's still open at his hour, maybe we can get an umbrella first-"