𝟑𝟔

Cupid made slow steps towards the building of Ever After High.

She kept her head hung low as eyes caught her figure and lips began to whisper. She felt ashamed, hurt, and so many other incomprehensible things. Cupid ignored them, continuing to walk.

"Cupid!" a breathless voice shouted.

Cupid lifted her head up, finding herself eye to eye with a beloved boy, standing in front of her at the end of the hall. Cupid let out a shaky breath, her eyes slowly tearing up.

"Alistair," she whispered to herself, feeling all her walls crumble to the floor below her.

He began running to her, making fast and big steps as he ran.

He nearly crashed into her, stopping right before he did. "Cupid," his lips pulled into a smile. She smiled back, although it wasn't as bright as his. Cupid was just grateful, to be in Alistair's presence again. His smile vanished as he noticed the gauze on her head. His fingers made their way to her head, touching her bandaged wound softly. "No," his voice dropped, "What did he do to you?"

Cupid shrugged dismissively.

"Nothing I couldn't handle," she let out a small chuckle.

Alistair didn't think it was funny.

The people were still staring and whispering.

And out of nowhere, he enveloped her in a hug, wrapping his arms around her. Cupid froze. The whispers got louder, but Alistair didn't seem to care. Cupid sighed into his shoulder, her eyes fluttering shut. A word to describe her feeling at that very moment was relief. She belonged here, with him. She felt relief as she stood there inside his comforting arms.

"He tried to kill me, Alistair," her voice seemed to be caught in her throat as she sputtered the words out shakily, "He really did."

Alistair tightened his grip, a pained expression on his face.

"And you know what the weirdest thing is?" she asked him. He shook his head. Cupid sighed, "It wasn't the fact that he tried to kill me, no. It's how heavy, and surprisingly painful it was to leave him. That awful bastard."

Alistair let her go slowly, staring at her face. He leaned down, levelling himself with her eyes. "Cupid, I'm so proud of you, you know that right?"

Cupid let out a laugh.

Alistair smiled and nodded. "I'm so proud of you. You went through all of that, only to step out as the most beautiful soul I know."

Cupid rolled her eyes, a smile on her face. She finally remembered about the students surrounding them. And she scanned the area, catching the eyes of the other students. Her smile wavered. Alistair noticed, he cleared his throat, a glare in his eyes directed to everyone around them.

"If all of you don't stop-"

Cupid put a hand on his arm, stopping him. She threw him an encouraging smile, and turned to the people. Cupid stood straighter. She took a step forward.

"I am not a criminal," she said, catching them off-guard, "I am not a killer, nor an abuser." She shook her head, her face stoic, "So why do all of you stare at me like I am?"

The students began to chatter with their friends now, no longer whispering as they stare at Cupid. Some of them looked away, some of them still kept their curious eyes on her. Cupid's eyes moved from one student to another, one by one. "My father is currently in trial with the gods. I am not my father," she stated clearly, "I am the C.A Cupid that all of you know. I'm no stranger to any of you."

A heavy sigh slipped out of her lips.

"I will not try to prove myself worthy to all of you, just to have your judgemental and rude stares be taken off me. I will continue living my life as I did. And whether you talk about me or not, that's your choice. But I'd really appreciate it, if you'd all stop staring at me like I'm some kind of failed lab experiment," she said loudly for everyone to hear. Cupid clasped her hands together, "Thank you," she ended.